After YEARS of waiting, tomorrow is the big day!

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
I apply for my WISCONSIN CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT tomorrow!! I've only waited 18 years for it! They say I will have my permit in 45 days. Can't wait. I love the way this state is going with our new Governor. Finally turning around. :beerchug:

Congrats! I've been getting mine for about that long now too:laugh:
Only it's been legal here in VA.
I was actually going to go last week to file my form, then it comes in the mail. Of course I forgot, so I'm glad I saw this. I'm gonna write it down to remind me.:laugh:
Whatcha carry? I keep my Glock 26 subcompact 9mm with me.
It only holds 11 rounds, 10 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber, SO...I have a 32 round mag in the console:laugh:

Whatcha carry? I keep my Glock 26 subcompact 9mm with me.
It only holds 11 rounds, 10 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber, SO...I have a 32 round mag in the console:laugh:

As of right now, I don't have an actual carry gun. I was gonna just carry my XD9 or xd45 in a Theis Holster, but lately I've had the urge to go buy a Ruger LC9 to carry.

I probably won't carry that often, I'm just stoked that I can finally carry a loaded gun in the truck. That was never allowed in WI. I would only carry when going somewhere where I feel I need to, and if that's the case I should be fine with my 9 and a good quality holster.

As of right now, I don't have an actual carry gun. I was gonna just carry my XD9 or xd45 in a Theis Holster, but lately I've had the urge to go buy a Ruger LC9 to carry.

I probably won't carry that often, I'm just stoked that I can finally carry a loaded gun in the truck. That was never allowed in WI. I would only carry when going somewhere where I feel I need to, and if that's the case I should be fine with my 9 and a good quality holster.

Most important part, good quality holster that covers the trigger guard.

Right on.
The lighter and smaller the gun the better for cc.
I liked my friends Glock 27, .40 caliber, otherwise the same gun.
But man that thing feels like it weighs twice as much as the 9mm, just from the weight of the ammo!:laugh:
I have a plastic locking belt holster that I mounted to a bracket my Dad made me in my center console.
Just lift the lid and grab it!
Remember, Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.:beerchug:

congrats! can we borrow your governor for a while after you all get finihed wih him? :beerchug:

Is Wisconsin the last hold-out ? I bought a celebratory 13 shot XD-45 when Nebraska went 3 years ago. :welcome::welcome:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

And after Obama won the election ( the next day) I bought a celebratory Yugoslavian Underfolder and a Stag Forged Lower.

Subcompact .40 with Hogue Grip Condom

The XD Sub is a little wide in a .40 and the .45 isn't bad at all to carry.

And for holsters I like the Comp-Tac ImageShack Links Do Not Work
The newer ones have Leather on the Body Side for more comfort. Plus they are very adjustable.

Inside Waistband Holsters -

Springfield Armory

+1, with a finger lock you push.
I have to respectfully disagree. The finger lock is asking for a bullet through the leg. It has happened many times to many people when under pressure.
I removed the lock from my Black Hawk and adjusted the tension screw so it retains my weapon.

If you're going to carry IWB I highly recommend Kholster holsters (Kholster). I carry a Glock 23 or 27 every day in mine.
Even though the .40 is a heavy round I just love feeling it at my 3oclock.

Do yourself a favor and practice, practice, practice. Dry practice with ammo placed in another room. Practice your draw. Practice your aim.
Get some snap caps to practice malfunctions and keep that real ammo in another room. Can't stress that enough.

And congrats Wisconsin. Now we start working on federal reciprocity. I had to get an AZ permit so I could carry anywhere outside of CA.

You can all thank Florida for paving the way and setting the standard. Florida was the first state to begin issueing permits for concealed carry. We have now over twenty years of facts proving certain types of violent crime have gone down since its enactment.

>>>> Florida Concealed Carry | YouCanCarry.com <<<<

Some good reading here...

>>>> NRA-ILA :: Right-to-Carry 2010 <<<<

Quote:
RTC permit-holders are law-abiding: Florida has issued more carry permits than any state (1.7 million), but revoked only 167 (0.01 percent) due to gun crimes by permit-holders.7

Police aren’t required to protect you: In Warren v. District of Columbia (1981), the D.C. Court of Appeals ruled, “official police personnel and the government employing them are not generally liable to victims of criminal acts for failure to provide adequate police protection . . . a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular citizen.â€￾ In Bowers v. DeVito (1982), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled, “[T]here is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen.â€￾

And Bots I can't agree with Pandanin more. Practice practice practice.
MAKE SURE GUN IS UNLOADED!!!!!

Concealed cover, hands up in typical surrender position, facing clock with second hand, Draw weapon point at clock as if it's an offender and dry fire it before the second hand moves again. Practice practice practice.
Slow is fast and with practice you will become faster. Less than a second from covered carry is decent time.
If it takes any more time to do that then you may wind up swiss cheese
. Remember almost all of the time you would be reacting to another's actions. Meaning it is the attacker who will most likely get the drop on you. To hope for one second where you may make a difference is asking alot of a life and death situation.
Practice typical self defense type shooting on the range. No target shooting. Both eyes open focused on target in front of you. From a low carry fire two to the chest one to the head. Quick. Practice practice practice. You want it to be second nature because when the time comes God forbid you will experience instant anxiety, sweat, loss of vision and proper thought. Unless you are in the military or a cop the average citizen does not experience stress oriented training like they do. Going to a range to practice your methods helps but it can never prepare you as professional orgs can.

With practice you will be able to draw from covered carry and place three rounds on target in less than a second..
This is at a range not long ago. Snuck out from work to shoot with a friend who never had. Didn't have my holster so we just practiced our shooting from a low carry...

Sig 229 .40 165gr Full Metal Jacket Flat Point ammo.

Congrats Bots! I decided to get my CCW here in Iowa about a month ago when the opportunity was presented to me. I now carry a Springfield XD 40 subcompact myself (excellent taste Mr. Felt). They're like mods on bikes. Once you start, it's hard to stop. Also have a Stoeger 8000 40 S&W and M&P .223.

Back