After Market Truck Parts

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2006 F350 SuperDuty with a 6.0 Turbo Diesel. I am looking for a exhaust system, performance
air intake, and electronic upgrades...maybe the Banks Big Hoss bundle  
wink.gif

Any help is appreciated  
biggrin.gif

MBRP seems to be the most popular choice for exhaust. I have a full Banks 4" (5" tip)  with no cat on my dually and love it.
I'm gonna be ordering an SCT XCal 2 and an intake elbow next week. SCT seems to be the best and the safest power.
And from what i've read, the AFE seems to be the popular choice as far as an intake goes.
Call Eric @ Innovative Diesel and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

Rich,

I work part time at place that sell truck accessories. As far as electronics, they usually sell BullyDog, Superchip,  and Edge. By far, I feel the Edge stuff is the best on the market. We have installed the banks stuff for a couple of customers. If I bought a new oil burner this week, it would get an Edge Evolution on it.  

While I wouldn’t bash the Banks at all, their stuff does not seem to be market innovative like they were in the early 80s. I feel Edge changed the market in about 2002 with their products and the others have been playing catch up since. They do not focus on peak numbers. While we get occasion returns or have problems with all products, there is rarely an issue with Edge. Even if there is, it is usually very easily resolved. MSD bought them out not to long ago. Two great companies met!

Link

Rick

Nothing will give you the performance per $$ the electronics will. I wouldn’t even do the exhaust and intake unless you are running it hard towing very heavy. You can always keep an eye on EGTs and determine the need later.

(Professor @ Feb. 07 2007,22:28) Rich,

I work part time at place that sell truck accessories. As far as electronics, they usually sell BullyDog, Superchip,  and Edge. By far, I feel the Edge stuff is the best on the market. We have installed the banks stuff for a couple of customers. If I bought a new oil burner this week, it would get an Edge Evolution on it.  

While I wouldn’t bash the Banks at all, their stuff does not seem to be market innovative like they were in the early 80s. I feel Edge changed the market in about 2002 with their products and the others have been playing catch up since. They do not focus on peak numbers. While we get occasion returns or have problems with all products, there is rarely an issue with Edge. Even if there is, it is usually very easily resolved. MSD bought them out not to long ago. Two great companies met!

Link

Rick
Vman1300 has the Edge setup up on his super duty but he has a 7.3L. I have heard nothing but good things about Edge setup.

(snakeyezzz @ Feb. 07 2007,14:58) Check out www.deiselstop.com The 6.0l have been haveing issues with programs. I want to do an intake and 4" cat back exhaust. I've also been thinking about propane injection.
Thanks I'll check them out
biggrin.gif

(Dakkine2 @ Feb. 07 2007,18:19) MBRP seems to be the most popular choice for exhaust. I have a full Banks 4" (5" tip)  with no cat on my dually and love it.
I'm gonna be ordering an SCT XCal 2 and an intake elbow next week. SCT seems to be the best and the safest power.
And from what i've read, the AFE seems to be the popular choice as far as an intake goes.
Call Eric @ Innovative Diesel and I'm sure he'll take care of you.
cool.gif
Thanks

(Professor @ Feb. 07 2007,19:28) Rich,

Link

Rick
I was looking at the Edge, not sure which one to get...Platinum, Attitude, Juice...
crazy.gif

Air intake I want is the aFe stage II, for the exhaust I need something that fits and that will last.

The only reason that I mentioned Banks is that they make a complete package.

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 07 2007,23:27) I was looking at the Edge, not sure which one to get...Platinum, Attitude, Juice...  
crazy.gif

Air intake I want is the aFe stage II, for the exhaust I need something that fits and that will last.

The Juice used to be the basic module. "Piggy back" unit vs a programmer. It has three power levels.

The Attitude is the display/controller with EGT control that is added to the juice or platinum unit. This changes the standard box to 5 levels (actually a 6th is available) and adds the extra gauge readouts and functions.

While we used to stock the units without the attitude 3 years ago, we do not sell them that way any longer. Customers just didn’t want it them without the controller. I think I read somewhere that the newer platinum units have to have a controller. Anyhow the Platinum (which replaced the 6.0 juice) is the only Piggy back version available. I mistakenly said I would put an Evolution on mine. The Evolution is a programmer instead of a piggy back unit. I have heard good things about them but have only sold them for the Gas engines. I had Evolution on the mind because I just updated one Monday afternoon. They are available for the 6.0 but I do not believe they have EGT control built in, only monitoring it. I meant Platinum.

The Platinum with attitude is the overwhelming majority of sales for the 6.0 for us. They also have the optional A2 you can buy. It replaces the Attitude controller still duplicating its’ functions, but adds a TomTom GPS inside the same (larger) unit. You can also get it with a backup camera, or both camera and GPS. High dollar unit. We have sold a couple, and keep one in stock. Not very many guys out there that will throw close to $2K at a piece of electronics for their truck.

In short, if you want an Edge product, the Platinum with Attitude is the proven deal.

The dieselstop is the Hayabusa.org to the Ford Diesel community. At least it used to be, I have not kept up with it the last couple of years. It used to be forddiesel.com until Ford filed a lawsuit against them over the name.

I have been through several states of tune on my 2001 7.3 PSD. The truck is a CC 4x4 auto, 4' turbo back exhaust, Tymar air filter kit.

I 1st used the Edge Juice with the Attitude monitor. Power was great and driveability/fuel economy improved 2-3 mpg when I kept my foot out of the pedal.

The are a couple of issues....on the 7.3 PSD, not sure on the 6.0 PSD...the Juice/Attitude combo does nothing to compensate for the tranny shift points. I called Edge and was told that I needed to "stack" the Juice/Attitude with their Evolution programmer or instal a shift kit in the tranny.

I borrowed a SCMT from my dad and installed their 60 hp tow program and then used the Juice/Attitude for even more umph. The tranny shift was firm and crisp.

He finally wanted the SCMT back and I ordered a Edge Evolution and tried their tow program. The tranny would leave 8 to 10 feet of rubber on the 1st to 2nd shift even with the Juice/Attitude set to defuel on wide open shifts.

Also on the 7.3 PSD, the Juice/Attitude gets its boost reading from the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor is limited to reading only 22lbs of boost. So no matter how much boost your truck is making, the Attitude monitor will only read 22lbs of boost.

Keep in mind, these are issues that I know happen on the 99-03 7.3 Ford PSD. I would ask Edge if these are fixed on the newer 6.0's.

Plus, once PMS-Powerstoke Mod Syndrom starts...there is no cure.

As of right now, I have removed the Juice/Attitude from my truck and added a 3 guage a-pillar to monitor the vitals. I am using the Edge Evolution on 80hp mode.

I will be switching to a chip from DP Tuner soon. There are several tunes you can get from Jody to turn your PSD into a monster......

I have just used quite a few different performance options in the PSD's I have owned. After talking to quite a few folks that have been through the same items I have, they have all switched to a custom burned chip.

You really just have to decide what you are looking for out of your truck. The Edge Juice/Attitude has some great features ie: built in guages, EGT warning, WOT defuel. It just did not work for my application.

If I can help in any way, LMK.

(Professor @ Feb. 08 2007,04:43)
(BA BUSA @ Feb. 07 2007,23:27) I was looking at the Edge, not sure which one to get...Platinum, Attitude, Juice...  
crazy.gif

The Juice used to be the basic module. "Piggy back" unit vs a programmer. It has three power levels.  

The Attitude is the display/controller with EGT control that is added to the juice or platinum unit. This changes the standard box to 5 levels (actually a 6th is available) and adds the extra gauge readouts and functions.

While we used to stock the units without the attitude 3 years ago, we do not sell them that way any longer. Customers just didn’t want it them without the controller.  I think I read somewhere that the newer platinum units have to have a controller. Anyhow the Platinum (which replaced the 6.0 juice) is the only Piggy back version available. I mistakenly said I would put an Evolution on mine. The Evolution is a programmer instead of a piggy back unit. I have heard good things about them but have only sold them for the Gas engines. I had Evolution on the mind because I just updated one Monday afternoon. They are available for the 6.0 but I do not believe they have EGT control built in, only monitoring it. I meant Platinum.

The Platinum with attitude is the overwhelming majority of sales for the 6.0 for us. They also have the optional A2 you can buy. It replaces the Attitude controller still duplicating its’ functions, but adds a TomTom GPS inside the same (larger) unit.  You can also get it with a backup camera, or both camera and GPS. High dollar unit. We have sold a couple, and keep one in stock. Not very many guys out there that will throw close to $2K at a piece of electronics for their truck.

In short, if you want an Edge product, the Platinum with Attitude is the proven deal.

The dieselstop is the Hayabusa.org to the Ford Diesel community. At least it used to be, I have not kept up with it the last couple of years. It used to be forddiesel.com until Ford filed a lawsuit against them over the name.
I almost bought a Edge Platinum w/Attitude, retail is like $1100 or $1200...can get it for $950-$1000. I will get you a part number on the unit.

Should be a EJF2305WAM. Installed? If not, we beat the price you were quoted over the counter.

(vman1300 @ Feb. 08 2007,07:31) I have been through several states of tune on my 2001 7.3 PSD. The truck is a CC 4x4 auto, 4' turbo back exhaust, Tymar air filter kit.

I 1st used the Edge Juice with the Attitude monitor. Power was great and driveability/fuel economy improved 2-3 mpg when I kept my foot out of the pedal.

The are a couple of issues....on the 7.3 PSD, not sure on the 6.0 PSD...the Juice/Attitude combo does nothing to compensate for the tranny shift points. I called Edge and was told that I needed to "stack" the Juice/Attitude with their Evolution programmer or instal a shift kit in the tranny.

I borrowed a SCMT from my dad and installed their 60 hp tow program and then used the Juice/Attitude for even more umph. The tranny shift was firm and crisp.

He finally wanted the SCMT back and I ordered a Edge Evolution and tried their tow program. The tranny would leave 8 to 10 feet of rubber on the 1st to 2nd shift even with the Juice/Attitude set to defuel on wide open shifts.

Also on the 7.3 PSD, the Juice/Attitude gets its boost reading from the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor is limited to reading only 22lbs of boost. So no matter how much boost your truck is making, the Attitude monitor will only read 22lbs of boost.

Keep in mind, these are issues that I know happen on the 99-03 7.3 Ford PSD. I would ask Edge if these are fixed on the newer 6.0's.

Plus, once PMS-Powerstoke Mod Syndrom starts...there is no cure.

As of right now, I have removed the Juice/Attitude from my truck and added a 3 guage a-pillar to monitor the vitals. I am using the Edge Evolution on 80hp mode.

I will be switching to a chip from DP Tuner soon. There are several tunes you can get from Jody to turn your PSD into a monster......

I have just used quite a few different performance options in the PSD's I have owned. After talking to quite a few folks that have been through the same items I have, they have all switched to a custom burned chip.

You really just have to decide what you are looking for out of your truck. The Edge Juice/Attitude has some great features ie: built in guages, EGT warning, WOT defuel. It just did not work for my application.

If I can help in any way, LMK.
Thanks Bro

The 6.0 came out with a new trans when it debuted in 03, they call it the "torque shift". It's a 5 speed OD unit
that is a stronger unit than what they were using.

I do tow, anywhere from 4,000-10,000 lb trailers

(Professor @ Feb. 08 2007,15:39) Should be a EJF2305WAM. Installed?  If not, we beat the price you were quoted over the counter.
That's the one. PM coming
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 08 2007,21:42) The 6.0 came out with a new trans when it debuted in 03, they call it the "torque shift". It's a 5 speed OD unit
that is a stronger unit than what they were using.

I do tow, anywhere from 4,000-10,000 lb trailers
The tranny is still one of the major weak points. (even the Allison is the weak point of the GM trucks). I used to remember exactly, but the ford 5 speed is the same basic trans as the 4 speed. They moved 1st and 2 down in ratio and apply the overdrive with 2nd for 3rd gear. It’s been too long, but yes they did beef it up at the same time. Like vman said, the WOT defueling before shift in the higher levels is a pretty nice feature to reduce transmission wear.

The new Allison in the 06 up GMs is nice with 2 overdrives. 6th gear some 33in tires and you can get some mileage unloaded at 65-70 mph

Back