After Market Rims

Well lets see the Marchesini wheel are forged in Russia and then sent back to Italy. They go for about what 2 grand. I was going to buy a set but the casting was so bad that i would have to take a grinder to them. So i took a sander to my stock ones and painted them saved a lot of money. The weight diff is a bunch of bs. Just buy good lighter tires. I have heard of guys hitting pot holes and damaging the stock wheels, Just think what you would do with a after market wheel. Lighter wheels transform to rebound just go 1 click. :bowdown:

Well lets see the Marchesini wheel are forged in Russia and then sent back to Italy. They go for about what 2 grand. I was going to buy a set but the casting was so bad that i would have to take a grinder to them. So i took a sander to my stock ones and painted them saved a lot of money. The weight diff is a bunch of bs. Just buy good lighter tires. I have heard of guys hitting pot holes and damaging the stock wheels, Just think what you would do with a after market wheel. Lighter wheels transform to rebound just go 1 click. :bowdown:

:rofl: I don't know which statement is funnier......ok wait I do! It is definitely the "just buy good lighter tires" your joking right?

And the statement about lighter wheels being a bunch of BS.....you might want to ride on a quality set before you make a comment like that. You'd notice the positive difference immediately.

Amode, young grasshopper...be careful what you wish for...have you ever heard of gyroscopic effect? I can't remember all of the figures exactly but the Busa rear wheel is like 12-13 lbs. Bst carbon fiber wheels with magnesium core is about 30-40 percent lighter. Guys who are into handling, performance, and like the looks know that lighter wheels give a much better performance than OEM. You will never see guys who race bikes professionally or have a race license use oem wheels if they are serious and talented competitors...Why do you think that is? BST carbon fiber wheels are outrageously expensive..pushing 4k dollars (i think). You might be onto something none of us has ever heard about lighter tires...does Flubber make them or is it Son of Flubber:whistle: Just kidding with ya so don't get riled up. I know good racers can take 3-4 seconds off of their best track times with lighter wheels and they use the real heavy tires because the light tires would be an unfair advantage at the track and they could be DQ's :laugh: Just kidding, man!! Could it be that you have been sucking on the nitrous oxide (laughing gas isn't it?) and you are just sparking with us? Anyway I think you need to do a little research before bashing some serious arse racing gear...it ain't cheap for a reason...2hip

I can get you hooked up..lmk what kind of wheels you're looking at and where you are budget wise,may have something on shelf...

Fitting of aftermarket wheels for me (in my case, Carrozzeria) represented a quantum leap in handling, braking and general flickability. I do believe that some bikes are transformed FARTHER than others....depending on many things. The Hayabusa is one of those bikes that REALLY respond to less unsprung weight.
Talk to Daniel @ Cloud Nine Motorsports for info and to get hooked up by the best!
Oh yeah, wheels look cool too. Doyle

P1010334.JPG

P1020039.JPG

Alan
I do not think Aluminum wheels are serious arse racing gear. I also dont think anyone would want to run mag or carbon wheels on the street. I am amped up on this. Northern cal roads?. Also its not the wheel its self its the finish. I went around the block with that wheel co last year when i wanted to by a set. You have not heard of tires being lighter from one mfg to another. Wheels are diff weight why not tires. I do my research very well thank you.

Chuck

I want to take you on to. :thumbsup:

Amode, we are not talking about aluminum wheels being racing gear. We are talking about people who invest in carbon fiber or magnesium wheels to improve flickability, performance, and handling of the bike. I have never seen any information about tire weight differences for big heavy chicks like the Busa wears. But if we are talking about Battleax, Pilots, Duponts and such for street and track they are not much variation in weight...I would be shocked if they were over a pound or pound and a half. If you have some specs you'd like to share I would embrace reading it. I will grant you that since I live in N. Cal also..and I am sure it is this way everywhere...their are potholes to deal with. I would not trust my skin to riding magnesium anywhere but on the track or just pleasure riding. But carbon fiber, Chuck, it is da bomb. BST reps have been known to take naked rims and bounce them like a basketball on concrete for demonstrations and not a spec of damage. They are tough and as soon as I get the money I will jump on it with no hesitation. Chuck..you are cracking me up with this, "I wanna take you on". But I tell you..wouldn't it be fun to just go out on the track sometime and just play on the Busa's, have some laughs, afterwards drink a couple of beers, and turn into good friends? To me that is what the ORG. is about...men and women who have common interests sharing knowledge, experiences, and having a little fun with it!!! I think it is when you made the statement that lighter wheels is a bunch of BS that you need to do the research to understand unsprung weight...i.e. "gyroscopic effect". There is just too much racing evidence and written data that proves carbon fiber wheels, titanium everything on the rotors, ceramic rotors, ceramic ball bearings...all give a weight saving and improvement of managing unsprung weight...so that is what is being addressed here is your statement that lighter wheels are bs...2hip

Fitting of aftermarket wheels for me (in my case, Carrozzeria) represented a quantum leap in handling, braking and general flickability. I do believe that some bikes are transformed FARTHER than others....depending on many things. The Hayabusa is one of those bikes that REALLY respond to less unsprung weight.
Talk to Daniel @ Cloud Nine Motorsports for info and to get hooked up by the best!
Oh yeah, wheels look cool too. Doyle

+1
Charles at streetntrack did right by me.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Back