After market rear view mirrors.

andrey430

Registered
Have anyone on this forum used this rear view mirrors?
They sure look great, but can u see whats behind you?

http://www.stmachine.com/cust.%20bikes.htm

race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

A few guys on here have/have had those...visibility is compromised to some degree, I believe. We also have some guys that are working on custom mirrors...not sure how close they are to having something we can all jump on though...
rock.gif

Hopefully someone smarter will stroll by in a few...
tounge.gif

Welcome to the board, BTW...post up some pics of your Busa, if you've got one...
cool.gif

I think this is the link you actually wanted <a href="http://www.stmachine.com/suzuki-custom_parts_hayabusa.htm">Pig Spotters<a>, and Nitrous Junkie and Smoke Dog (I believe) have them. There may be others, but the big problem is rearward visibility. Welcome to the board and pics are a must of whatever bike you have.
rock.gif

Welcome to the board. Where in Chicago are you at? I'm up in DeKalb, near the Rockford area? Finally some more Chi-Town Riders.
smile.gif

Pics of my Busa toy are coming up soon.

IL_BusaBoy: i am in Deerfield, 15 miles north of chicago. (I-294 and Deerfield Rd.)

I was considering purchasing stmachine mirrors, but really conserned with possible visibility issues.

I personally feel that those "pig spotters", as they are called, are more cosmetic than functional. I ride with a guy who has them and he swears that they work just fine for him. Unless you're the size of a matchstick, I have a very hard time believing that those mirrors are even remotely functional.

Can you really see what's behind you with the stock ones?[/QUOTE]

I get a great view of my elbows and upper arms.
wow.gif

NJ has them on his bike... you would wanna ask him!

From what I know... he is quite happy with em
wink.gif

The pig spotters are 100% cosmetic, not very functional. I dont mind lookin over my shoulder anyway, where I live, this will save your life whether you have good mirrors or not! The mirrors have a nice look, there is also a version availabe with led turn signals built in. Sorry about the news guy, but if you're lookin for something that you can see whats behind ya, look else where, if its cool points you're after, these are the shid!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112862319 -->

This is what you'll see in the mirrors while on the bike......
poke.gif
BT.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112864990 -->

BT_s_ZX10.jpg

Someone is selling black blocks that space the stock mirrors outward an inch or so, but I'm not nuts about the looks of them. There is a stock Suzuki mirror - either from one of the GSXRs or a smaller sporty-type bike - that work real well and would look decent on a Busa, but they are pricey. I'm interested in some sort of rearview improvement, too.

Ed

I used the 02 gsxr600 mirrors on my 01, got them from cycle gear.com, 19.95 each, they look so much better than the original

Back