After Market Full  System with Dual Cans.

Scarabsport

Registered
In looking for a full system for my newly delivered '08 it occured to me some of the aftermarket full systems I see have a single cannister that looks like it belongs on an Ninja 250.
Following the theory that a motor is just a fancy air pump, and the '08 spins more revs with more compression and more CCs (in other words needs to pump more air) when, if ever, does it make sense to have a full aftermarket system with two cannisters?
The cannisters on the '08 stock system seem bigger than the exhaust on my Excursion's 6.0 liter turbo diesel. But then the power the '08 Busa puts out is incredible considering all the noise and emission regulations it complies with, so it makes sense the cans are so huge.
In my opinion dual cannisters also seem to "fit" the '08 better style wise, and some say they like the sound from dual cannisters better.
Obviously the downside would be price, but that is the only downside I can think of.
So the question becomes is the "08 Busa at the point a dual cannister aftermarket full system would be make sense power wise?
As always if this topic has beeen debated time and time again on the past consider this a repost, and accept my apology

Like this?

9c2d91cc77dc12fa23a3b52e4566b123.jpg

They are making it for the 08 busa as we speak, that pic is of the K7 GSXR1K full dual system they are now making. When I spoke to the guy at Akrapovic (very hard to get ahold of by the way, and very hard to understand his accent), he said they went with a dual Evo system offering for the 1K as well as a traditional 4 into 1 because they found the dual to make more power and more torque. He also said that for the same reason they are going to make a dual system for the K8 Busa. I would wait for an akro pipe if I were you, once you do get it, the wait will be well worth it. The extra $ spent goes to quality and performance.
thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the info Cblast. That is exactly what I was wondering about and I am kind of partial to Akrapovic as well. I'm not sure I want to know the price but if you hear anymore like when they will be available maybe you could post it?

That system with a PC3R and a custom map could well be the ticket for my Gen II.

Thanks Again

TI force makes one too,, one problem, most of the hi mounts have an extra turn or 2 in the pipe.. this supposedly = a few less ponies than the standard low mount. (at least from what I have read)

The other factor with headers is the job they really do. They are designed to allow the escape of air yes, but a properly designed header creates a "relative" vacuum at the exhaust valve at the time it is open and so "scavages" the combustion chamber of exhaust and spent a/f mixture. This results in a fresher A/F charge for the next power stroke.

So, bigger is not always better. A "stepped" header works better than a non-stepped from what I have seen on dynos myself. As exhaust exits the motor it is cooling and becoming more dense. It takes more pipe to carry the same exhaust and by "stepping" the pipe up in size, it accommodates the more dense air.

Okay, talked to the guy I have been discussing this with at Akropovic again, he wanted to be clear that they are not doing a "high mount" system. It is a dual system. He also said that it should be available for purchase by the end of November, beginning of December as long as they have no unexpected delays. He said that the reason that they went to duals on the new busa system and on the GSXR1K is that they found it just produces better power throughout. He also said that this does not always directly correlate to just numbers on a sheet, but also to "feel", "grunt", and "revability". He did say that with the duals they found a stronger midrange through to top end rush was easier to achieve, the same reasons that for instance GP bikes with high compression, high HP engines use multiple exit systems. That is the story so far anyways.

Okay, talked to the guy I have been discussing this with at Akropovic again, he wanted to be clear that they are not doing a "high mount" system.  It is a dual system.  He also said that it should be available for purchase by the end of November, beginning of December as long as they have no unexpected delays.  He said that the reason that they went to duals on the new busa system and on the GSXR1K is that they found it just produces better power throughout.  He also said that this does not always directly correlate to just numbers on a sheet, but also to "feel", "grunt", and "revability".  He did say that with the duals they found a stronger midrange through to top end rush was easier to achieve, the same reasons that for instance GP bikes with high compression, high HP engines use multiple exit systems.  That is the story so far anyways.
Cblast

Thanks for the info. !!
ThumbsUp.gif

Hey NJ, how ya been? My contact there said it would hopefully be up for sale through the regular retailers by the end of Nov.

Although I'm a newbie to this most excellent site I have had multiple bikes the last few years and always try to support forum sponsors.

Is it at this time appropriate on this forum to contact one of the sponsors for pricing, etc? Or Cblast are you a sponsor, even better? As a newbie I don't think it is appropriate for me to do so.

And I guess that raises the question whether any of you folks want to try to do a group buy? Maybe the first for Gen II? Depending on pricing (gulp!) I would be very interested group buy or not. Same for a PC3R.

Thank You

This is what I got from Yoshi

Re: 2008 Hayabusa
Sent:Thu 4/24/08 1:07 PM
We will not be offering a dual muffler full system in the future we only make 4-1 full systems.
I apologize for the inconvenience.  Thanks for your interest in Yoshimura!

LaurenYoshimura SalesTo: <sales@yoshimura-rd.com>Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:13 PMSubject: 2008 Hayabusa
I just purchased your TRC slip on's for my Hayabusa. Love them they sound great!
However looking at the rest of the stock system I realized I want to replace the stock header / collectors
Are you planning a 2 can FULL system for this bike?If so can you point me to some info on the system?

As exhaust exits the motor it is cooling and becoming more dense. It takes more pipe to carry the same exhaust and by "stepping" the pipe up in size, it accommodates the more dense air.
LOL.... So how does a hot air balloon work then?

Back to grade 9 physics class for a second.. As a gas is heated, it expands. As it cools, it contracts. Thus, if exhaust gasses from the motor were cooling as they travelled through the exhaust system, they would become more dense, and thus have a lower volume. There would be LESS volume, not more.

So actually, a larger pipe would decrease the pressure on the exhaust gasses, helping to prevent any further contraction of exhaust gasses. This would in turn help keep the exhaust gasses flowing quickly--in the same way that insulating the exhaust pipe keeps the gasses warm--preventing cooling and contraction of the gasses.

Yes, stepping the pipe can help, but not because of why you think.

Hint: if you don't know, don't pretend.

I ordered HMF full 4-2-1-2 system for my 08. Its getting high temp coated now but will be on next week. Having Smithers do it. I will post pics when its on
firedevil.gif

Back