After Market Blinkers Unsteady

Adox

Registered
I'm having the typical problem with my Gen 1 after-market brakelight/blinker extentions not flashing at a steady pace. I like that I am more visible with them but sometimes the blinkers don't work at all. It's gotten worse lately and I'm considering just having my mechanic (as I am not electrically inclined) take them off and putting it back to stock to fix the problem. Will that work or is there a better, decent fix?

pics Led signals usually blink at faster pace. There is a way to slow them down to the appropriate speed, but if they are not working at all you have a problem somewhere else.

pics Led signals usually blink at faster pace. There is a way to slow them down to the appropriate speed, but if they are not working at all you have a problem somewhere else.

the flasher unit relies on resistance to flash. leds have lower resistance than standard bulbs so they blink faster. you can get an led flasher to slow the rate to the approved dot spec.

it takes power and ground to make a circuit. recheck your connections. wiggle the connections with blinkers on. if you can make it work or fail by wiggling you have found your bad connection. professionally termed the wiggle test. :laugh:

Well it's not that they are blinking fast, they're blinking randomly (like morse code sped up and slowed down). I did find a couple poorly connected wires that I fixed but there must be another spot that needs doctoring.

the flasher unit relies on resistance to flash. leds have lower resistance than standard bulbs so they blink faster. you can get an led flasher to slow the rate to the approved dot spec.

it takes power and ground to make a circuit. recheck your connections. wiggle the connections with blinkers on. if you can make it work or fail by wiggling you have found your bad connection. professionally termed the wiggle test. :laugh:

Back