After ECU flash...Power comander or Bazzaz? DYNO's in Jacksonville ?

Excellent!
Don't get me wrong, I'm no suspension guru, but knowing the basics and being able to set sag is so important and dramatic.
From what you've already learned an done, it's no biggie.
Learning suspension will catapult your riding to another level, as you'll learn and know how to make a bike handle.
You will float over bumps with control, and without the bumps bouncing you around.
Therefore the tire stays in better contact with the road, you have better control at the bars and over the brakes, and your're not getting thrown over the bars when you brake.
Granted, you'll always feel some bumps, and nothing is perfect, but you'll find out.
Take an awesome machine like the Toad's. Trick suspension, brakes, the works.
Go turn the suspension settings he has a few clicks here and there, and his perfect ride just became pretty useless, and the control and handling can be reduced to nothing(I reckon he can fix it).
Put a decent rider on it with no suspension knowledge, and they'll think it's over rated junk.
Dial it back in, incredible.
Why so many riders get limited so quickly. Usually just from riding faster than their ability, but if their bike was set right to start with, they would have sooo much more control.
Yeah, it's that much of a difference.
Search "Jinkster attacks suspension"
It's a great thread on setting sag on a gen1 Busa.
As said, I wouldn't worry so much about stands and measuring a stretched and lowered bike, you can do alot by feel and eye. And given the handling limits of a stretch and lower, it's good enough.
But the pics and instructions on the right way, should put it all together for you.
Sag is basically set the same on any adjustable fork or shock, just the compression, rebound, and preload locations or adjustments may vary a little. As well as the technology of the parts. But, the idea is the same.

sixpack577 I did the check the preload and sag and it did needed some adjustment What a difference!!! Now it feels like a Sportbike :race:

I was going to send the ECU to Frank at POWERHOUSE this week but I am traveling for by Daughter birthday and I can't risk that the mail carrier leave the ECU at my front door. I will keep you updated

sixpack577 I was going to send the ECU to Frank at POWERHOUSE this week but I am traveling for by Daughter birthday and I can't risk that the mail carrier leave the ECU at my front door. I will keep you updated

Send it whenever you want. I always call before sending it back out, so you will have a tracking number and know when it will arrive . . .

Back