After all of my tire research....

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Hours I spent going through threads, asking other people, talking to manufacturer reps........I wind up buying a BT56R replacement for the worn out rear.
A decision on what tire to buy is truly based on an individual's situation and preference. I liken this to buying a mattress.
Trying to match performance, construction, size, appearance and longevity to an individual's needs over the internet is near impossible.

Maybe when it's time again, I'll post a new thread;
"what tire not to buy"

tounge.gif

Just put new rubber on mine - like you back and forth and forth and back. I got Metzler z6's - I like them, I had toyed with getting all the usual suspects. The 56 was not good for me in the canyons on bad roads the z6 seems much better.

th e56 is a fine replacement when still running the front Slipstones as well. BUT you owe it to yourself when it comes time to replace both to pick up some Metzler Sportec M1's or M3s. Maybe Pilot powers.

They really are that much better and more comfortable than the Dunlops, Bridgestones, etc... Give em' a shot anyway.

Pilot Powers for me. Look at the lean angle and the stick.

ryabusa7.jpg

I went to the Metzeler M3's. Saved my very slightly worn Front Bridgestone for a spare. World of difference in handling traction etc.

I've been through several but think the powers are what will go back on mine
cool.gif
They are amazing when compared to others I've had.

I'm actually sitting here waiting for UPS to bring my Avon Viper Sport AV-59 & AV-60's as I type this.

Off topic. Anyone know where I can get a set of PP's cheap. Best price I have found is $253 shipped for 120/70 and 190-50

Like my Metzler M 1's.......put on front and rear due to puncture of rear at 600 miles......much better feel and handling than the original BS's......can't speak for the PP's or M 3's and others.........the M 1's are working well for me...........my .02
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Off topic. Anyone know where I can get a set of PP's cheap. Best price I have found is $253 shipped for 120/70 and 190-50

Got a set for $230 with shipping.
Hmm tried the site you suggested. I dont see how I could pick up a 190 rear tire set for $230.

www.ridenow.com has them for the price above.
If you buy anything from them confirm inventory before you order. I got hosed by these guys on a throttlemeister. Really cheap ($209)price on the 180/120 PP set though!

I got my Avon Viper Srpor AV-59 & AV-60's mounted today and put approx 20 mi on them. To soon for a complete review but I can tell you they feel like I'm riding on fluid and they lean sooooo nice. I can't wait to rack up some miles tomorrow morning.

Back