After 8 months and $7K shes finally done, or close to it.

voodoolord

Registered
Its been a long time since the 08 Forester cracked a piston and after a lot of research, parts ordering and soul searching she now has 90 mile into her break in and the build has ran really well with just a little chatter from the clutch. This motor will support 500+ HP and thats what Im going to do when I rebuild the trans. She's a pretty killer sleeper imo. Heres the specs:

Decked short block
Ballanced and polished crank
VF43 turbo
ACL crank and rod bearings
STI 11mm oil pump
Manley H-beam rods
Cometic race gaskets
ARP studs
Wiseco forged pistons .20 over
Walbro 255
crower valves springs and retainers
Killer B oil pickup
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
Perrin turbo inlet
STI top mount inter cooler
Perrin Light weight crank pulley
Gates timing belt kit, Subaru pump
STI catback
06 WRX flywheel
Exedy stage 1 race clutch
Grimspeed boost controller
KartBoy subframe locking bolts
STI steering rack
STI sway bar
STI wheels
STI front lip

I cant wait until dyno but I will. 900 miles to go. :please:

20130705_225029_zpse94f4b0b.jpg
20130705_225127_zpsec589868.jpg
20130705_225231_zpsd76aa79a.jpg

Dude, I love everything about it!

I'm sure a bunch of STi owners like me are get surprised and then fall in love with it.

Pic of mine to help with an awesome Subaru thread!

ForumRunner_20130706_064251.png

ForumRunner_20130706_064251.png

I think you'll need a different turbo then the vf if your looking for 500whp. I used to have a legacy gt was a lot of fun. Miss that car so much.

We have an 08 Limited Tribeca that we love because of the versatility. I could not imagine 500 HP in it. Nice work and I look forward to the dyno results.

Awesome--post up some daylight pics if you can.
Her ya go.
IMG_0738-1.jpg
IMG_0739-1.jpg
I think you'll need a different turbo then the vf if your looking for 500whp. I used to have a legacy gt was a lot of fun. Miss that car so much.

Ya Im going to probably go with a FP green or similar turbo. I held back because I got a good deal on the VF and I cant put that kind of horse power on a stock 5 speed trans. When the stock trans gives up the ghost Ill rebuild it with square cut gears then upgrade the turbo. That should get me 400+ pretty easy and the trans will handle it. I put 150 miles on her today and am doing my first oil change right now. The car ran great and its taken alot of will power to keep the revs down but Im holding to the plan. Thanks for all the nice comments :)

Dude, I love everything about it!

I'm sure a bunch of STi owners like me are get surprised and then fall in love with it.

Pic of mine to help with an awesome Subaru thread!
View attachment 266490

Nice looking STI. Theres only a few things missing between the stock STI and my XTI which is Brembos, 6 speed w/ VCCD, and probably a couple other small things I cant recall right now. My internals are way superior to a stock STI But I have a bit left. I still need to get a JDM STI hood scoop and splitter as well as a short shifter, Tower brace and swift springs. Its been a fun build and I enjoy every little bit she gets. Believe me theres going to be alot of surprised Subaru, Mitsubishi and Corvette owners in the future :laugh:

Does that have the 5spd of the WRX or the LGT?

Mine blew right around 330/330 with the vf52. Best thing I did when rebuilt was also put in the front hlsd from the older 5spd STI. Running on all-seasons for autoX I was putting up times that were better then some evos in my class that were running high performance summers.
Enjoy it. So much more fun having a car that suprises then a car that doesn't put up.

Im not sure if the 5 speed is the same as the WRX on the 08 XT but Im guessing it is. What do you mean by hlsd? Im drawing a blank there.

Helical limited slip differential. The 5spds come open for the front.

The wrx trans isnt as strong as the legacy gt. So hope that you have the legacy gt trans.

sweet! nice little sleeper. been thinkn of gettn an WRX for a DD simply because of the AWD.

The AWD is never noticed until you need it then its very nice. Only drawbacks are alignments and having to have your tire shaved if you need to replace one.

Back