After 4 Years Of Work, Here's The Final Superbyke.

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
20160219_152402.jpg
20160219_152415.jpg

Very nicely done raydog!!! Every detail! I'm sure it's a head-turner! :thumbsup:

I do love that bike and really appreciate the journey and build. I do have to say though......could have just bought a b-king.... :devil:

Thanks to you all. Wheelbase is stock to 6" over. Weight is 480, 245 hp/145 lbs torque with 6 pounds boost, 91 octane. (335 hp with big spring and race gas, unk torque at that level). I bought this for long distances.
IMG_0005.JPG

that turned out awesome! thanks for taking us along on the journey :beerchug:

Sweet Ride. Without the fairing and aerodynamics, how well does it handle at high speed? How fast have you tried going with it?

I just feel with this power and no contour or tuck, might be tough to have to always control that throttle.

Looks good Doyle. The powdercoated grey wheels are a good fit, nice stealthy look. Angry little motorcycle, great bike description.

Sweet Ride. Without the fairing and aerodynamics, how well does it handle at high speed? How fast have you tried going with it?

I just feel with this power and no contour or tuck, might be tough to have to always control that throttle.

Of course a naked bike will expose your body much more than a tuck with full fairing. That said, this motorcycle with 1/4 fairing slides surprisingly well through the atmosphere. How fast will it go? Well which turbo spring am I using? With race gas and 20 lbs of boost, on paper, over 220 mph. Will it do that and would I ride it like that? I don't know and no! That said, one can fire up to 100-120 mph and cruse a tank of gas out of it if there was a place to do it. More than that, you better stay low and ultra focused.
When I accelerate on this thing all my body fluids go to my spine and it creates a bit of dizzyness, others that ride bikes like this on a regular basis probably get used to this amazing power but not this 68 year old! A lot of Busas look great, I think this one does too but this one simply will never be loaded with luggage and ridden up the Oregon coast for a few days like my previous Busa(at least by this owner!) It's just too dam exotic and specialized. Kinda like a guy that builds a Bucket T with an 800 hp blown big block, you just ain't gonna drive it to Yellowstone for a week! I hope that answers your question. Doyle

Back