After 20 years I fell off today

Thanks guys, the links are great and the Aussie web site link for parts will hopefully help.

You're right, I don't need a lecture, I posted to ask for some help on parts sourcing, and after riding in peak hour traffic for 2 hours a day for the last 20 years in rain hail and shine, I think one off is pretty good going. Yes I realize it was my fault, mistakes happen and I'm thankful to walk away without a scratch. To everyone who offered help and support, thankyou.

To the other guy, seriously, don't lecture guys who probably have more experience on the road than yourself and are only asking for advice from fellow riders. People should be able to feel as if they can ask questions on these forums without being judged on their riding skills.
He has a nasty habbit of talking out of his ass quite frequently, don't sweat it bro. Good luck with the repair.

Glad your alright.
As Blanc said a if your tired it can affect you.
I used be a dispatch rider, then I started working in a office I couldn't believe how tired it made me using my brain all day in a different way.
Well on the way home on my bike a taxi braked in front of me and I know now that my reaction times were down, I clipped the back of the taxi and went into a lamppost. :banghead:. I know it was my fault.
Gave me a kick up the bum I had got complacent about getting to close to cars in front, We all do things we shouldn't at one time or another, the important thing is your ok.
Hope you get back to riding again soon

Glad you are okay , get your parts off ebay from real busas not china . Oh and get your forks checked out , you could have tweaked them or the bearings !

To the other guy, seriously, don't lecture guys who probably have more experience on the road than yourself and are only asking for advice from fellow riders. People should be able to feel as if they can ask questions on these forums without being judged on their riding skills.

Actually, your experience is almost half mine for whatever that's worth, but I apologise unreservedly for the tone of my note...I honestly wasn't trying to lecture and, as stated by others here, we ALL have moments when our attention lapses and I've certainly had my share of lucky escapes over the years. But the point of this forum is to learn by other members' experiences and if you'll read your original post again you'll forgive me I hope for getting the impression you were blaming the van driver for your accident.

Anyway, you walked away which is the most important thing. Best of luck with the rebuild and I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is not a lecture, I'm just passing on some stupidity on my part so hopefully you guys don't do the same thing:

1. Cars can stop faster than we can. Took me a long time to realize this but in the real world they can. On a track where you are looking for a braking marker you'll be faster than most cars but on the road when it's a surprise all a person in a car has to do is shift their foot over and stomp on the brake and they make perfect stops every time. We have to get our hands back in position (bad habit of riding in traffic with one hand) balance front and rear, support a beer belly:whistle:, and we don't have ABS! I hit two cars (luckily with no damage to car or busa) before it sunk in that cars were stopping faster than me all the time. Now I leave plenty of space.

2. Your hand can go to sleep from the vibration and you don't realize how bad it is until you reach for the brake and either don't have any strength in your hand or no feeling! I'm not saying how I know this but let's just say that I mowed some guy's grass and dislodged his mailbox with my shoulder. Bike got a few scratches but the riding pants couldn't be saved:laugh:

Finally a good harmless crash is a good thing if it has to happen. First of all it get's that statistic crash out of the way - statistics say you'll eventually be in one, doesn't say it has to be a bad one. Second it wakes you up. When you put a lot of miles on your busa you start to forget motorcycles are dangerous.

I'm glad you're ok and I hope someone on here is more helpful than me in getting your busa back on the road. I would never jump on anyone for a crash though, man that's bad karma:whistle: I would be afraid the next time I hop on the bike I would get wiped off the planet by an 18 wheeler or something:beerchug:

Thanks guys, the links are great and the Aussie web site link for parts will hopefully help.

You're right, I don't need a lecture, I posted to ask for some help on parts sourcing, and after riding in peak hour traffic for 2 hours a day for the last 20 years in rain hail and shine, I think one off is pretty good going. Yes I realize it was my fault, mistakes happen and I'm thankful to walk away without a scratch. To everyone who offered help and support, thankyou.

This ^
I'm glad you are oj

The lesson from this string is to be extra aware of following distance. I’m guilty of riding to close to the vehicle in front of me often. But Adams story has raised my awareness and underscores what can happen (and did happen). I will make a conscience effort to increase my following distance in traffic for sure.
If just one person avoids a mishap by learning from another mistake (yes it was a mistake and that isn’t a lecture, it is a fact), then the thread is a major success.
Obviously the best part is there were no serious resulting injuries. Adam, thanks for your sharing your story and be safe everyone…

cqt1414
formerly cqt141444444

Adam there is this guy on ebay by name of busafactory......dirt cheap busa parts.....contact him....never seen such low prices, all they do is sell brand new busa parts on ebay and I guess they use the engines somewhere.....lemme see if I can dig out his number

Back