AEM high flow fuel pump (in tank replacement)

derivera

Registered
Just looking for some feedback if anyone has replaced their stock fuel pump with an AEM from Schintz website..? I just did it, and now my busa is tripping the fuse for the fuel pump. (Kind of fixed that issue replacing with high amp fuse)

Also, now is running extra RICH with very poor acceleration even replacing with new sparks!

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Bike conditions: 2008 Gen II, PCV with base map from the PC website, ECU Flash (Schnitz basic de-restriction only, full dual exhaust w/ Yoshi R77, K&N air filter (not the racing one)

I have an aem 380lph not in tank though.

Your issue can be several potential culprits.
First start without the power commander and see what the afr is.
A pinched fuel line can cause all sorts of weird issues.

I've seen one of those pumps putting out higher pressure which a bike tuned for stock fuel pressure can't deal with. In the case I know about it fouled the plugs and ran terribly until we put a stock pump back in.

In addition to the above, I recommend contacting Schnitz and asking what the pump is designed for. I think it's probaly what Dennis suspects, without being tuned you're running too much pump.

That’s why I went with the Bosch..... Never heard anyone running that pump or recommending it. Not saying it’s bad but I’ve never heard anyone say it’s good either

I run an aeromotive stealth intank pump on my 2008 gen11, stock ECU, no aftermarket management.
did the fuel filter mod.
bike runs great and has been running great since the pump change, but had to run a 15 amp fuse as it was blowing the original 10 amp in seconds.
This was done around July last year, dynoed at 180 rwhp 110 ft tq. no flooding issues, bike is drag raced regularly.
As said above start with the PC.

In addition to the above, I recommend contacting Schnitz and asking what the pump is designed for. I think it's probaly what Dennis suspects, without being tuned you're running too much pump.

Too much pump - there should be a pressure regulator that handles this

Back