AEM Fail Safe Gauge Wiring

Rockstarmx11

Registered
So I'm in the process of installing my new AEM Failsafe gauge and just want to make sure I have it hooked up right. I have the boost line tied into BOV line, green wire from gauge connected to green injector wire, negative connected directly to battery and power wire is ran to same wire as my raptor shift light. Do I need to hook up any other wires coming from the gauge? I think I have grey, yellow, blue, brown, and white left not connected. I appreciate all the help!

run the green to tach wire from ecu. set at .5 or 1. in the rpm programing of the failsafe. gen2?
you could run the afr output to the stock ecu. do you want the failsafe setting to do anything? like pull timing, more fuel, or reduce boost?
Unless you’re savvy with ecu tuning, connecting a wideband to the ecu won’t do you any good. Plus you have to turn that on in advanced settings to be able to use the wbo2 for auto tune.

Something I just tested last weekend was using the blue wire (failsafe output) to remove the ground signal from pin 58 to map switch in to MS1. There in the wot columns I added fuel, and pulled timing in the event of a lean condition.

This bike is tuned to ~11.5, and I lowered the failsafe threshold to 11.6 to trigger the failsafe. You can see in this data log the pink afr read out dipped down to 11.0

You can see on the dyno readout vs the previous pull where HP tanked do to the afr going so fat.

In stock ecu set ups, this is probably the best way to have some sort of safety net built in to a set up. If you get a bad tank of fuel, loss of fuel pressure, or maybe an injector starting to clog this could very well save an engine.

It's a gen 2. So if I don't want to use the fail safe out put there's no more wires I need to connect? All I'm trying to do is just monitor and log data to adjust AFR based off location. It's primarily a drag bike.

Awesome! I appreciate all of yalls help! Do I still need to adjust the rpm setting for the fail safe if I don't have it connected to the tach wire?

BCP, what all do you have yours wired into? Im only reading boost, rpm and wideband. Curious if theres more i should/could be monitoring.

So I finally got my parts back from paint so I could finally start and run the bike. is it normal for the boost gauge to show a negative number while idling? I have it tied into the BOV. If it's not normal how do I get it to show a positive number? New to the boost world.

So I finally got my parts back from paint so I could finally start and run the bike. is it normal for the boost gauge to show a negative number while idling? I have it tied into the BOV. If it's not normal how do I get it to show a positive number? New to the boost world.
Yes it is normal. Twist the throttle...

Motor is pulling vacuum at idle. As you rev it will go positive.

Back