Advice to stop the shoulder ache

Dan,

I've got some heli bars you are welcome to try out. If you like them. We can workout a deal. Should be up by Angels way sometime this week. I'll bring them with me if you would like.

Not eight and half hours, not 8 hours and 30 minutes but 8 hrs and 29 minutes.. :rofl: do we have the tenth of the 29 minutes? LOL! Not exactly Cannonball run times but you are posting legal times..:goodboy:
:beerchug: jus couldnt resist Rob :beerchug:

It was copied from mapquest :laugh: and I'm sure you're aware of Busa time :whistle:

Helibars and stuff might help, but my feeling is this: I don't think you can make this scoot pain-free for long days, and anybody who says otherwise is likely just a touch masochistic.

I only have Helibars and Corbin seat on my '07 and I can ride 20+ hours pain free. The longest ride I've ever done was 1,205 miles in 21 hours and still smiling at the end of the ride. I'm 5'10", 185 lbs. with 32" inseam and have the stock foot pegs and I'm still comfy with them.

Last Memorial Day weekend, I did my 4th Iron Butt ride and did 1,148 miles in 17 hours. I was by myself so no long breaks for me that's why it didn't take that long.LOL

It's been 8 months since the last Iron Butt ride and I thought it would be rough since I haven't done it in a long time but it was still pain free.:thumbsup:

There's more Iron Butt rides to come. I guarantee you. :thumbsup::beerchug:

I only have Helibars and Corbin seat on my '07 and I can ride 20+ hours pain free. The longest ride I've ever done was 1,205 miles in 21 hours and still smiling at the end of the ride. I'm 5'10", 185 lbs. with 32" inseam and have the stock foot pegs and I'm still comfy with them.

Last Memorial Day weekend, I did my 4th Iron Butt ride and did 1,148 miles in 17 hours. I was by myself so no long breaks for me that's why it didn't take that long.LOL

It's been 8 months since the last Iron Butt ride and I thought it would be rough since I haven't done it in a long time but it was still pain free.:thumbsup:

I really gotta try a corbin....I have the suzuki gel seat and it helps a little but still not great. Can you still move around on the corbin in the turns?

I would say conditioning comes into play with that kind of mileage, brother. :) :bowdown:

Thanks , Let me know . Ill see if I can work it out. Im alittle apprehensive about changing the bike like that . I'm thinking after reading everyones post I just need to alter my riding position and use more legs .
Dan,

I've got some heli bars you are welcome to try out. If you like them. We can workout a deal. Should be up by Angels way sometime this week. I'll bring them with me if you would like.

I used to have that problem but I followed the advise given here and except for my feet everything is good.

1. Workout
2. Lay on the tank
3. Keep riding you'll get used to it
4. Relax!

Doing certain workouts in the gym will stop back and shoulder pain. Lower back workouts will strengthen your back and cease back pain. Just workout the area that hurts and you will notice it cease to hurt.

I noticed since I started doing a lot of back exercises my back feels awesome all ride long. :thumbsup:

Doing certain workouts in the gym will stop back and shoulder pain. Lower back workouts will strengthen your back and cease back pain. Just workout the area that hurts and you will notice it cease to hurt.

I noticed since I started doing a lot of back exercises my back feels awesome all ride long. :thumbsup:
It's kind of funny ,no pain anywhere.Just shoulder ache. Backs great ,legs great. This cycle of lifting is all heavy weights,next cycle will be more reps ,less weight. I'm starting to think I may have been dehydrated also. Thanks for all the input. :thumbsup:

Back