Advice on dropped 2011 Busa

Fireman6615

Registered
Hey guys, I know I'll get a lot of different opinions and that's what I'm hoping for. I've ran across a 2011 Busa with a 129 miles, yea that's not a misprint, on the clock that was bought new and dropped. They're asking $8,600 for it the way it sits. The Insurance company apparently totaled it because it now has a salvage title. All it needs is a upper trim, side fairing and possibly the nose, I haven't went to see it yet so I'm going off a conversation and pictures. It was bought from Insurance Company and sitting on a lot now. What do you guys think, honestly? Why would it be totaled just for that minor damage? Good Deal or Not?

Busa.jpg

Busa1.jpg

might first thought is...dont do it....good luck with fixing her up...we have all done it one time or another lol

Gary I think that's pretty steep on price. Go have a good look at the entire bike, top to bottom. Crank it and ride it. If the nose, signal pod, and upper and lower side fairing are it you can probably get new for around 1500. But I'm thinking he's asking at least double what he paid. You can get Gen II's for less that haven't been down. Of course 2011 with 129 miles is basically a new bike ( wrecked :laugh: )

Seems like a salvage title for that bike would have required at least $9K in repairs :dunno:

Something doesn't sound right

Possibly a nose? You saw the pics right? I would ask for better pics and the insurance companies write up. If it slid doing that much damage to the plastic I'm guessing the can,bar end,foot peg,etc also suffered some rath.

I would never buy a bike with a salvage title.Why? because people like me wont give the thing a first look,let alone a second look.Re-sale could be tough.For the cost of all that plastic and paint,(and who knows what else)just buy one thats mint. You can buy from a member here on the Org,know what yer getting,and not have a salvage title. Like this one,sure,bit more money now,but no parts chase or bodyshop wait.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/bikes/172303-2011-hayabusa-sale.html

RSD.

Yea guys, I'm not sure about the salvage title deal, those always scare me a little, I could see it if it had a lot more damage. Nothing from the side fairing back is damaged, not even the stock exhaust. I wasn't sure about the price of a dropped bike like this, didn't have anything to compare it to so that's why I was asking for opinions here. I'm guessing the average retail on a 2011 is somewhere around $11,000, just because I've seen some around here listed in that range. Makes me really curious though ???, a 2011 with 129 miles? Odometer change maybe? Dropped at the drag strip? Who knows :whistle:

Possibly a nose? You saw the pics right? I would ask for better pics and the insurance companies write up. If it slid doing that much damage to the plastic I'm guessing the can,bar end,foot peg,etc also suffered some rath.

I would never buy a bike with a salvage title.Why? because people like me wont give the thing a first look,let alone a second look.Re-sale could be tough.For the cost of all that plastic and paint,(and who knows what else)just buy one thats mint. You can buy from a member here on the Org,know what yer getting,and not have a salvage title. Like this one,sure,bit more money now,but no parts chase or bodyshop wait.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/bikes/172303-2011-hayabusa-sale.html

RSD.

I had seen this one, but its sold.

Yea guys, I'm not sure about the salvage title deal, those always scare me a little, I could see it if it had a lot more damage. Nothing from the side fairing back is damaged, not even the stock exhaust. I wasn't sure about the price of a dropped bike like this, didn't have anything to compare it to so that's why I was asking for opinions here. I'm guessing the average retail on a 2011 is somewhere around $11,000, just because I've seen some around here listed in that range. Makes me really curious though ???, a 2011 with 129 miles? Odometer change maybe? Dropped at the drag strip? Who knows :whistle:

I think you answered yer own question there. Who knows. Maybe it was stolen....:whistle: Those guys always take could care of things...:laugh:

RSD.

Only reason I was even considering it was because I thought i might try to work an even trade deal for my 2006 just to see what would happen.

Also check with your insurance company. Some won't insure "rebuilt" bikes.

I'd buy a salvage title bike if it checked out OK. Don't do it if you can't inspect it yourself or have a mechanic that will do it for you. I would expect a rock bottom price for a salvage title bike. By the time you put plastics back on this one, you'll have about $10K into it. I can but a 2013 with 0 miles and a clean title for only a couple thousand more.

The price isn't good enough for the risk. Salvage means you won't be able to seel it for more than pennies. Who's gonna believe that it was only cosmetic damage if YOU try to sell it?
Invest that 8600 into a bike that comes with peace of mind.

Hell I'll sell ya my '08 for $8700 Way too much money for that bike. Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if it was a 2013 with ABS/Brembos....

If your mechanically inclined and don't plan on Ever selling it than its something to consider but most people buy a bike ride it get bored or want the next new shiny 1 that rolls out with a new gadget so they trade in to get it. You won't have that option with an R titled bike. Also something to consider is unless you plan on buying it with cash most banks won't approve loans on R-titled vehicles above a cetain dollar amount

The only way I see that being an insurance total for that little damage, and be legit, is if it was a theft recovery.

no way the insurance would write it off for that amount of what looks like non structural damage......I suspect the frame etc has been marked in some way forcing it to be replaced which is a totalling job.....the RHS can is mint for a bike thats gone down as is the bar end ,mirror and lever....just something doesn't ring true...almost looks like someone started to do a rebuild and gave up.............WALK AWAY....QUICKLY unless you want to build a full on turbo,nitrous drag bike and even then its overpriced.....salvage would be closer to $6k

I'd run away from this deal. However, if you want to move forward you need to see the bike in person. I'm thinking cracked and/or repaired frame would warrant the savage title. Keep in mind that salvage titles come with no warranty of soundness. Buyer beware - it's all on you to find the problems - the seller won't help you.

Back