Advanced riding techniques

Joshinthecity

Registered
Hi Guys,
There is no doubt in my mind that there is NOTHING that beats an advanced riding course ( or good track day ) to enhance your skills.
That said, does anyone have any recomended sites that go into detail on advanced cornering / general riding techniques ?

Thanks in advance,
Josh * come Sunday *

busa_rear_stand.JPG

do a google search for Keith Code. He has a superbike riding school as well as offering several good books on the subject. One that springs to mind is called "The Soft Science Of Road Racing Motorcycles" and deals with this as well as other advanced riding subjects.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085929993 -->

Thanks Krieg.

I have had no problems finding sites that REFER to techniques. Pointing towards books, DVD's , actual courses around the world. My problem so far is finding an online resource where I can read-up on advanced cornering techniques .
like this http://members.shaw.ca/bjs1....wheelie
for instance, but a little different. Know what I mean ?
Josh.

Oh. Problem your probably going to find is that anyone worth getting the info from is going to want to sell you their product. If you do decide to buy a book, you wont go wrong with a Kieth Code book. Good luck to you!
biggrin.gif

I would very strongly recommend to get those two books on half.com, or amazon.com. Best $30 you will ever spend. This is from first hand experience.

"A Twist of the Wrist 2" by Keith Code, and "Sport Riding Tecnhinques" by Nick Ienatsch.

Here are the links for you.

A Twist...  

Sport Riding Techniques

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085974432 -->

yeah I have both twist of the wrist 1 and 2 and they both are very good books.

ditto here...I think 'Sport Riding Techniques' is the best book I have ever read on riding. It is geared more towards real world/everyday riding vs. mostly track riding. And I agree with Krieg in that any advice on riding that's worth anything you're gonna have to buy. As for websites, sorry I don't know any. But buy one or all of the books mentioned, believe me, you'll be going back to read them constantly; they have SO MUCH useful information. Any rider that takes their riding seriously will benefit from them.

Back