Adjusting the shift light 2008?

8secBusa

Registered
Just pickup an 08 busa, love it. Rips pretty hard. Problem... The shift light doesnt come on, I read the book, says hold the select button then turn it on. It is not working..WHat am I doing wrong?

whta shift light are you talking about i have a new 08 and never seen this helppppppppppppppp???????????????????:beerchug:

I am fairly confident that the 08s come with a factory light, its in your owners manual, its the bright white light at the bottom left of the cluster. Hoping someone will weigh in.

I have an '09 and on page 3-10 of OM.
Hold the left (SEL button) while you turn the ign key on and continue holding and the mode will change.
push the right one to adj the light steady or blink or no light,
If no light is selected it wont change YOU must select a blink or no blink.
then
push the left one again to go to brightness and select level using the right button.
press the left one again to change to the RPM setting when you press the right button the RPM needle will scroll in increments and when you get to where you want it push left button and it should now stay.
Bubba
It worked for my '09

Thanks all. I was at the track Friday night waiting for the light to come on, it didn't. Figured it was something with the set up.

Thanks All.

Just follow the steps, it does work.

After a year I just started playing with mine. Didn't think it worked either but it does. The shift light is hard to see in the daylight hours (not bright enough/location right at the edge of my periphal vision) but in the dusky dark/dark hours of the night it works well.

Back