Adjusting the headlight after HID install?

I Love My Wife

Registered
I installed the low beam 6K and aligned it so that I could see far enough ahead of me to ride 55mph. This seemed to be fine with other drivers, I have been flashed once, but iirc it was while accelerating.

Now the issue I think I have is riding with my wife. I had her riding on the back tonight and it looks like my headlight is now an issue for other drivers. We don't do a lot of night riding, but we don't have a rule against it either.

What method should I take for remedying this problem a) adjust the headlight down so while 2 up it doesn't offend other drivers (set it up for 55 mph) or; and I just thought of this one b) use some painters tape (the easily removable kind) and lay a piece across the top of the headlight to cut some of the output; or finally c) not worry about it and continue seeing the road so that I am safer?

thanks in advance jt

When I installed my low beam Hids. i did not adjust at all. They seem to be okay.

They seem maybe a little to low but I would like to know how is the best way to adjust knowing your not going to blind oncoming cars?

I did both low beam and high beam install. I adjusted mine down so that I could use my high beam all the time as the main light. It is very bright but not blinding.

Never adjusted mine and never been flashed .
I ride with both high and low beam all the time day and night .
Turn them down a bit and leave both on is what I would do .

I take it with your wife on the back,the added weight brings your front up a lil.Try parking your bike about 15-20' from a flat wall like a garage door if you have one,with your bike upright and not on the kick stand.Look at your hid cutoff line and see how high and level it is.You'll also be able to see if any,how much stray light you have over your cutoff line.You can adjust it from there.Best to be done at night:thumbsup:.

Never adjusted mine and never been flashed .
I ride with both high and low beam all the time day and night .
Turn them down a bit and leave both on is what I would do .

Maybe I goofed but I did 35w low and 35w high 6k on both, but I'm curious to your adjustments. I rode home one night from the drag strip out in the country and granted the light was a lot brighter, it was low. I could prob throw a rock further than my low beam was shining. So I turned on my high beam and couldn't tell a difference???? I'm like ok, dangit, so I get in town and pull into my neighborhood, flip the high on again and the bottom of the high beam was slightly above the lower edge of the roof on a one story home. I adjusted my low beam on up quite a bit as a temporary fix, i wasn't in the mood to pull all that back apart again, but i'm wondering if it's bad installation on my part, or if its normal for low and high to be this far apart from each other and I can remedy the issue by shooting the low beam down and running my highs? I'm really leaning towards the high beam coming loose or being installed incorrectly to start with but a second opinion from a fellow HID guy would be good too. Everything looked fine when I put it together and seemed to fit back together ok...

On my 08 I had the same problem. Low beam really low and high beam in the trees. I just adjusted it where the high beam was my main light and I run both of them all the time. What really pissed me off is that it took me forever trying to find the right tool to adjust it without having to take anything off and then once I finally got it where I wanted it 2 days later I lowered the bike and had to adjust everything once again. I have only had one problem with someone getting mad over how bright they were. I was following this old man in his little bitty nissan truck with fishbowl windows and he actually locked up the brakes in front of me. I was plenty far enough back that I had no problem stopping. I then pulled up next to him and asked him what the f*$% he was doing. He stated that my lights should not be that bright and I said "did you see me" and he looked at me funny and said why hell yes. I then stated thats why I have them so old guys like you dont run me over.......then drove off.

make sure the bulb is installed flush, and it's not crooked. most are meant to be oriented a certain way, and it's very easy to install them a little crooked. or you can click the link in my sig and see what real HID's can do on a bike. lol, just ask 2hip. in fact, why hasn't alan posted pix yet?

I just started the HID install on my 2006. I took off the panels and dash.Where is the headlight adjusted from?

there are 2 mounting bolts on the back of the headlight, and 4 adjustment bolts. two for high beam, two for low beam. up/down is one screw, left/right is the other.

Maybe I goofed but I did 35w low and 35w high 6k on both, but I'm curious to your adjustments. I rode home one night from the drag strip out in the country and granted the light was a lot brighter, it was low. I could prob throw a rock further than my low beam was shining. So I turned on my high beam and couldn't tell a difference???? I'm like ok, dangit, so I get in town and pull into my neighborhood, flip the high on again and the bottom of the high beam was slightly above the lower edge of the roof on a one story home. I adjusted my low beam on up quite a bit as a temporary fix, i wasn't in the mood to pull all that back apart again, but i'm wondering if it's bad installation on my part, or if its normal for low and high to be this far apart from each other and I can remedy the issue by shooting the low beam down and running my highs? I'm really leaning towards the high beam coming loose or being installed incorrectly to start with but a second opinion from a fellow HID guy would be good too. Everything looked fine when I put it together and seemed to fit back together ok...

I only installed the HIDs and did not adjust anything from wherever stock position was.
If you look in GenII section pinned up top is GENII HID INSTALL thread . I posted pics of what the HIDs look like with low beam and high beam . My low beam seems a little low but like I said I ride with both on all the time so with both it seems fine .

there are 2 mounting bolts on the back of the headlight, and 4 adjustment bolts. two for high beam, two for low beam. up/down is one screw, left/right is the other.

Only on a gen 1, Suzuki in all there wisdom deleted separate adjustment for the low and high beams on the Gen 2. Now you adjust both at the same time. What a mess. Big "FAIL" to them. :banghead:

Had to adjust on my 06.

Solution might be to point them slightly to the right so they are not blinding straight ahead

Good..now, They are DDM kits
They look like plug and play but are all of the connections on the harness' going to have a place to plug into?
Do we need the H7 spacer?

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Last edited:
Back