Adjusting Lowering Links

GSXRider13

Registered
I just purchased a 06 LE Hayabusa. The previous owner has lowering links on it set on the lowest setting and it rubs when I ride it.
I read the threads on how to install the links, is it basically the same to adjust them?
Now it is on the hole closest to the single hole end, This is the low setting right?
I am new here and thanks in advance for your help.

Can you take a pic? There are a couple different versions of lowering links. 3-hole and those that adjust with a wrench. I'm assuming you mean the 3-hole variety?

Pic as requested.

Busa_Pics_001.JPG

Closest hole is the "tallest" long is low. Usually the closest hole is the stock setting.

How a about a side view of your whole bike so can see how it is sitting. Could be possible the previous owner has the suspension out of whack also.

The shorter the distance between the two bolts that hold the links in place raises the rear height of the bike. Basically it brings the bottom of the shock up,creating a higher stance.

I am 235ish with my bike lowered(Soupy's adj) and have no issues with it rubbing.

Definatly lowered and stretched, if you check the part number on the links they are the Vortex Lowering Links for a GSX-R600 or GSX-R750 so if you get the proper Hayabusa links they are probably longer.

Yep you need new links. Buy Soupy's or Brock's(more expensive,but looks better) adjustable links.
being stretched you should check the spring on rear shock. Maybe invest in buying an heavy duty spring.

Don't buy cheap links. The risk vs $$ saved just isn't worth your "LIFE". Those two pieces support the whole back of bike. Imagine if they were to break while taking a corner.

Some soupy's links...
SoupysAdjustableLinks.jpg

Well I just got off the phone with the guy that I bought my bike from and the truth has been revealed!!
He put the lowering links on and thought that the first hole was the lowest and when it was not low enough (becasue it was still stock height) he made some adjustments to the spring to lower it.
banghead.gif
corner2.png

Now my question is how do I correct his adjustments when I put my new soupys lowering links on?

Welcome to this site - it's one of the friendliest sites around for Busa' owners!

I recently got a white LE Busa' as well and came on this site to learn more about the bike. My previous owner also lowered the front/back of the bike and I'm in the process of raising it back to stock height as it bottoms out on speed bumps with 2 riders.

How is your front lowered? Your bike looks just like mine except mine is not stretched.

I've attached a few pics of mine - welcome to the site!

rick

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

I need a little more help.
I got in there and adjusted the rear spring left, so I loosened it. It was very far down.
It made no difference in the height of the bike. I have not put the soupy's links on it yet but I would have thought that with the current lowereing links in the stock position it would have increased the height at least a little.

Isn't the multi-hole end suppose to face towards the front of the bike or does it matter?

Humm. I'd wait until you got soupy's(since the're OTW) links installed and then go from there.Like mentioned before,the part number matches links for another bike gsx600/750. It is possible this guy put them on also and not known. You already established that he performed work on bike not knowing what he was doing.

You loosened the spring? You need to create more tension on the spring. Get the right links in there then tackle this problem. You prob just end up banging your head against the wall until then.

Just got my soupy's links on and tightened down the spring again and I am all set!!!
beerchug.gif

I keepted it down low but no more bottoming out and I can adjust if my girl wants to ride!!!
thumb_up.gif

Thanks for everyones help!!!

I have brocks fully adjustable lowering links,and they are on the lowest setting,I just had my shock rebuilt/revalved and a 1300lb spring put on there,I too am a big guy 290lbs and fully lowered and stretched 6".I have no problems now,with stock spring she rubbed,its possible the shock is trashed,i'd invest in a rebuild if i were you

btw,nice looking ride!!

busa.jpg

Back