Additional lighting

busapilot911

Registered
I stole this idea from Thrasher. I used inexpensive foglights from Pilot. The fogs give a flat wide beam. They are mounted on an angle (follows the fairing) which projects a "v" pattern. I wasn't sure if this was going to work, but it works great. The regular headlights do OK with lighting up the road in front, but I wanted something for cornering. The fogs "lean" with the bike and the way I have them aimed, they light up the turns pretty nice.
I am still toying with mounting them on the forks instead, but I am not sure.

I'll post some pics.

pic 1

P7140027.JPG

Schweeeeeett A mod named after me!! lol thanks... glad you like them...

Kind of cool how you get that V shape isn’t it.. I have never road twisties at night with them, but what you said makes a lot of sense, now I am going to have to try it muah ha ha....

The best thing I like about it is you are not doing any cutting or any other permanent changes to the bike, just using the existing fairing screws...

I had thought about mounting them on the forks but I was worried that if I mounted them on the outside that might interfere with turning, and if I mounted them on the inside I would get the spread pattern that I wanted.

If you do it I would love to see pictures of it and what they look like..

Looks good Busapilot!!

Where did you place the switch for them? have nay pictures of that?

how about some detailed install shots? or at least close ups of the mounting.

cool.gif

Thanks Thrasher and Dezzy. Here are some close-ups of the switch and the mount. They are wired right to the battery right now cause I couldn't figure out how to hook them to the ignition.

The mount is simple. I took out the fairing bolt and put it through the light base and back into the fairing. I put a piece of rubber between the base and the fairing to try to prevent damage.

The wires just run (loose till I figure something better) up through the fairing. They are connected with plug connectors to make taking the fairing off easier.

motoclose_001.jpg

Back