Adding a splash of color & Skeche's vinyl....

Rollin20z

Registered
Figured I throw up a couple teaser pics of the new outfit for the ole girl and some of Skeche's vinyl work.. :thumbsup: I know it's only red but I thought about it and realized I don't have any rd bikes anymore except a Superhawk 996 which I really don't ride anymore so why not. :whistle:

First had to get together some spare parts and make up a full set of fairings. I figure some may ask, why 2 undertails and 2 fenders. Well I couldn't decide on which undertail I wanted so figured do up both and decide later. And as for the fenders well it's for the Gen 1 but I have a gen 2 front end set-up, so I needed the 2 to work but figured I'd do a 1 also just in case someone else decided they wanted these fairings more than I do.(has happened before) :laugh: So in that case fender would be there done to match.

Started off getting everything prepped & primed. Added a little performance red lacquer basecoat (just FYI I sprayed everything you see with a touch less than a quart of ready to spray lacquer already thinned using a HVLP gun). Shot on a light coat of 2 part urethane clear just to protect paint until I got vinyl which I thought I already had but ended up being a couple pieces short. So then they just sat for a week or so until Skeche hooked me up. Did a light 2000 wet sand on them, laid the vinyl kanji's and then added word hayabusa on top, laid a couple more coats of clear and wala. Now just need to do a little rub out/polish to make them shine a lil more. :cool:

Gonna replace the black stealth look for some color for now and see how she likes it. We'll see, if not there's always more paint waiting to be laid. ???

DSCN9871.jpg

DSCN9873.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN8291.jpg

DSCN8307.jpg

DSCN8421.jpg

Uh may I swing my bike over to your place for a make over during the spring bash? :laugh:

very nice :thumbsup: You gonna be sporting those at the bash ???

i love the choice of color, looks sharp! can't wait to see the assembly when finished. :thumbsup:

is that a lil tweeking as in a whole new set of front forks ? lol

Yeah:laugh: swapped out for a Gen 2 front end.

Uh may I swing my bike over to your place for a make over during the spring bash?

As long as your plastics are in good shape and don't need any repairs we should be able to get you in and out pretty quick.:laugh:

very nice You gonna be sporting those at the bash

Never know ??? the black ones coming off may be done up a different color/scheme by then I like better.:laugh: Remember, you can go out and get in trouble, roll in garage and in an hour or less roll back out again with a new set of clothes on the ole girl. If you have the wardrobe already laid out. :laugh:

Very nice work

Looks Good Bill:thumbsup:
When are you going to put your big boy pants on and take her out for a ride.:laugh: Temps in the mid 60's Monday and Tuesday... I feel a cold coming on and looking I have over 135+ sick hours.

Looks Good Bill:thumbsup:
When are you going to put your big boy pants on and take her out for a ride.:laugh: Temps in the mid 60's Monday and Tuesday... I feel a cold coming on and looking I have over 135+ sick hours.

Haven't even pulled it into the living room for a tear down yet.:laugh: big boy pants are in the dryer now so yeah I may be up for some riding.

Back