Adding a NEP type throttle lock

Trent

Registered
I really got adicted to these from my last bike. I like the thumb on/off for the simplicity and the look. I read all the posts I could on the subject and it seems doable. I started thinning one down to fit the tiny gap between the grip and the switch housing but I am not sure I am going to get it to work this way, its getting close but its also getting real thin.

I have a lathe and was wondering if its doable to take the throttle apart from the housing and widen that gap by removing some material from that cylinder under the grip. Is it easy to take this apart or is it like a cookoo clock and a bunch of springs and spacers are going to "sproing out" all over the garage? I looked at the shop manual and I see the cable makes two connections to the inner part of the handle assy but I cant tell if I am wasting my time with this idea. Anyone try it this way?

Something like this? I don't know what NEP stands for?

I've got around 20 bucks in this modified vista cruise.

IMAG0675.jpg

Ok google is my friend. Found a couple vids showing your NEP throttle lock. Never seen one of those, but the vista cruise is similar and would serve the same purpose.

So 2Bro, how did you do it? Which one is that? Is that the one that you have to clamp something onto the grip first? I am not familiar with it. Model number? Install thread? help

Back