Added some whoa to my go'a-THANKS KENTO

S-R Racing

Registered
Go back from Eureka Springs to find a box of better stop for my rear. I was in need of rear pads so as I was looking I happened to come across this rear Galfer rotor and pads that Kento-Moto must have just listed in our classifieds here because I caught it in the new posts page. Pm sent & presto-stopo! My OEM pads did quite well though,IMO, about 6500 miles. I should have done the play by play but once I got the box open and pulled the pin on the rear axle, about 35 minutes later I was ready for the test ride:laugh: Although I'm sure their not fully seated, less than 20 miles, they have a much better feel and bite than my other MVP rotor that went with the PM wheel I just sold (1st Pic) Under very hard braking it used to chatter & bounce(lighter unsprung weight?) now its smooth as glass, Thanks Kento for the great deal:bowdown::bowdown:
It made the perfect complement to the new 44t Vortex cat5 sprocket I got from Golden Child @ Cloud9MotorSports:thumbsup:Also a Super deal:bowdown::bowdown:

'03 F4i 600 016.jpg

95gpz11 027.jpg

95gpz11 034.jpg

95gpz11 035.jpg

95gpz11 036.jpg

95gpz11 037.jpg

Great deal! Gotta love .Org members helping .Org members.
They should not take long to seat. Nice Vortex Cat 5 sprocket too by the way :thumbsup:
Question....can you post a link to the manufacture of that (PM?) wheel? Thanks...I really like the look of those and I am about to pull the trigger on some new wheels. I don't think I'm familiar w/ those. TIA

Great deal! Gotta love .Org members helping .Org members.
They should not take long to seat. Nice Vortex Cat 5 sprocket too by the way :thumbsup:
Question....can you post a link to the manufacture of that (PM?) wheel? Thanks...I really like the look of those and I am about to pull the trigger on some new wheels. I don't think I'm familiar w/ those. TIA

Performance Machine Great wheel, super light too. I only had the rear and as a dealer for RC Components, rather than get a matching front, I'm going to get RC's when I get another set of light wheels. Thanks:thumbsup:

wow that first rotor was toasty....(red dust is very bad) nice upgrade... more meat, better rotor.. (BTW 6500M on oem is terrible... I got 24K out of mine.. might be using them too much)

Last edited:
wow that first rotor was toasty....(red dust is very bad) nice upgrade... more meat, better rotor.. (BTW 6500M on oem is terrible... I got 24K out of mine.. might be using them too much)

Really,maybe that rotor??? I consider myself very light on the rear brake(learned the the hard way on a 4 month old '86FJ1200, back in the day)
BTW, missed you at Eureka but looks like you were having a great time to:laugh:

Really,maybe that rotor??? I consider myself very light on the rear brake(learned the the hard way on a 4 month old '86FJ1200, back in the day)
BTW, missed you at Eureka but looks like you were having a great time to:laugh:
yea hated to miss that run for sure.. we had a ball last year..

on the rotor, could be that the lack of material just made it run too hot.. Although some of these "cut" rotors look neat, they are pretty impractical for hot rod use..

that "red" dust you see is a sure sign the thing was glowing at some point.. Could be it also accelerated the wear on the rear pads but would not swear to it.. I do know that the 6500 is pretty short life however..

Watch the new rotor for any of that discoloration (the red stuff)

Back