Add me to the Laid off list

ditchdr

Registered
Walked in to work today, find my office locked and my boss standing in my lab.

He leads me back to my office opens the door and we sit. 5 min later his boss and the SSR for the south east walk in. They go into some long drawn out deal about where the company is going and blah ba blah ba ****ing blah.

I stop him half way through, and ask if I still have a job, I am told no. I tell him that nothing more he says is anyhting i want to hear since they are now on my time. I was pretty hot at this point. I mean I just completed a 6 month project in 3 months, got all kinds of phaise and at a boys from everyone. Now this.

I sign the papers and clear out my desk. Then the SSR has the balls to tell me Oh we may call you back.. What I wanted to say was " you will be making that phone call with that phone stuck in your ass", but I held my toung and said in the nicest way, to save the quater..

Last edited:
Dayum, business is slow everywhere, I sell cell phones and cant give them away, even when there free. Good luck my friend.

Sorry to hear.

Exactly what I was saying in another thread, company's have no loyalty whatsoever to employees these days. (at least it seems that way)

I understand that in this economic way there are often tough choices to be made, but I think a lot of selfish and self serving choices are being made by company's without any regard to the employees or the employees families.

If I ever got laid off and was able to find a decent job, I would laugh if my ex employer tried to call me back.

if they try caling you back it is because they realized they f'd up and they need you, nothing better than being able to tell them to pack sand.

Good luck..

Of course they expected you to be loyal to the company the whole time you worked for them. That sucks bro.

If there is one thing to be learned from all this is that it is all about the dollar companies could give a crap about you, they only care about how much you cost and how much you are bringing in.

We had a company wide web meeting a few weeks ago, it showed the CEO of the company made 14 million dollars last year. WTF you can pay a guy 14 million and kick out the ones making 70K? Here is a idea, why not cut his pay, I mean really who needs that much money?

We had a company wide web meeting a few weeks ago, it showed the CEO of the company made 14 million dollars last year. WTF you can pay a guy 14 million and kick out the ones making 70K? Here is a idea, why not cut his pay, I mean really who needs that much money?

I totally agree, that is what i am talking about when I make referance to self serving greed.

If he took a 1 million dollar pay cut, he might have to give up a plane, or maybe a beach house but he could save 10 or more families from the stress of being kicked to the curb and having to look for another job.

As I said, these CEO's live in a totally differant world, one in which the rest of us are nothing more than disposable assets to be used and disposed of in the pursuit of their own personal wealth.

I totally agree, that is what i am talking about when I make referance to self serving greed.

If he took a 1 million dollar pay cut, he might have to give up a plane, or maybe a beach house but he could save 10 or more families from the stress of being kicked to the curb and having to look for another job.

As I said, these CEO's live in a totally differant world, one in which the rest of us are nothing more than disposable assets to be used and disposed of in the pursuit of their own personal wealth.

best of luck

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you will find something quickly. :please:

ive been out of work nearly a year well full time anyway little projects here and there with friends that need help etc. I know how u feel.

ditchdr what line of work are you in?

I hold a Bs in elec engineering, but spent most of my time in EMS.

I did installs of police equipment into new squad cars as well as wired and set up mobile com units for them.

Pretty much a 12volt installer.

Dino:
I do run a land scape business.

What has me upset is the loss of insurance, I can keep it under COBRA, but good grief that stuff aint cheap.

I did installs of police equipment into new squad cars as well as wired and set up mobile com units for them.

Dino:

What has me upset is the loss of insurance, I can keep it under COBRA, but good grief that stuff aint cheap.

Check out usajobs.com the gov is always looking for people with engineering degrees. Not the best pay but nice bennies.

Dino:

COBRA is prohibitively expensive. Most people cannot even begin to afford it when they're in a situation to warrant it.

I'm sorry about your being treated that way. It's enough to turn you to stone in bitterness.

It's being said these days that some companies are taking advantage of this 'econonic downturn' to treat employees really poorly whether they need to or not...decreases in pay, increases in workload, and a complete and utter absence of compassion.

Good luck, bro.

Back