Adam Lambert kisses male keyboard player on AMA

I did ask. I asked peoples thoughts on whether they thought that 2 men kissing on public TV was ok and why. You took the discussion to a different place.

I guess I missed that :whistle:

My thoughts are that it is protected by the 1st amendment and therefore, ok. You are given a warning at the the begining of the show (TV-14) so it then becomes personal choice about who in your household sees it.

I guess I missed that :whistle:

My thoughts are that it is protected by the 1st amendment and therefore, ok. You are given a warning at the the begining of the show (TV-14) so it then becomes personal choice about who in your household sees it.

The first amendment doesn't cover everything. If it did we wouldn't need the FAA or ratings ..............

But I know you realize this :laugh:

Censorship is alive and kicking even on this website. Like the FCC, you can't even say the word SH!T here. The word was probably one of the first swear words I ever got away with, everyone uses it and yet we are stifled on it every way until Tuesday.

And yet, you can say JESUS CHRIST, as an expression, all day long and no one blinks an eye!

Go figure. ???

this is a privately owned site.....and the owner has the right to regulate the language as he/she sees fit.

The first amendment doesn't cover everything. If it did we wouldn't need the FAA or ratings ..............

But I know you realize this :laugh:

I think you mean the FCC. Unless you do something with airplanes that I don't. :laugh:

He just trashed his career, mark my words. You won't see me buying one of his CD's. The song wasn't even that good.

I think it should have been censored. CBS is catching alot of flack for showing it.

The only reason why we like to watch 2 women kissing is because we want to be in the middle :laugh:

He just trashed his career, mark my words. You won't see me buying one of his CD's. The song wasn't even that good.

I think it should have been censored. CBS is catching alot of flack for showing it.

The only reason why we like to watch 2 women kissing is because we want to be in the middle :laugh:

I'm not so sure about his career being over. There are lots of gay pop stars doing fine.

I will have my cake and eat it too ... thank you very much....

Just dont let that cake cause your blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol, insulin or any other metabolic meter increase or decrease in a dramatic way or they will want the cake back, tax you for the service of extracting it and then for the insurance you didnt buy that helps you feel better about eating the cake that make you happy :poke: :whistle:

and the AMA might have been rated PG14 but PDA (public displays of affection) doesn't really have a place on a public stage, be it televised or the local school stage. You wanna celebrate with your significant other, do it on your own time out of the main spotlight....doesn't matter to me if you are gay/lesbian, straight or a group, doing it in the spotlight is just wrong.

And no I'm not a prude.... heh not even close :whistle:

Missed it, and glad of it. Maybe we need a new rating TV-14 Gay :laugh:

It's simple RacerV, don't watch the AMA's again, write a letter to the network as well as the AMA rationally describing your concerns.

I see this a little different sloppy. If you condone this behavior then it's a no never mind, if you oppose this behavior I think you might be concerned that because it's on public TV it gets calculated as normal and acceptable.

But regardless of your views lets keep things civil. Good debate is healthy.

to a certain population of americans this is normal and acceptable. just because it is not to one group does not mean it is fine with another. i dont care if someone is gay and shows it. when a gay person sees a man kiss a woman he might be thinking "eww thats gross" just the same as someone might think a gay couple kissing is gross.

i hope you are not accusing me of not being civil? i dont think you are, but i am just making sure.

yeah, people wont buy music from gay singers.....lol

Just dont let that cake cause your blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol, insulin or any other metabolic meter increase or decrease in a dramatic way or they will want the cake back, tax you for the service of extracting it and then for the insurance you didnt buy that helps you feel better about eating the cake that make you happy :poke: :whistle:

and the AMA might have been rated PG14 but PDA (public displays of affection) doesn't really have a place on a public stage, be it televised or the local school stage. You wanna celebrate with your significant other, do it on your own time out of the main spotlight....doesn't matter to me if you are gay/lesbian, straight or a group, doing it in the spotlight is just wrong.

And no I'm not a prude.... heh not even close :whistle:
My point exactly.:thumbsup:

'Good Morning America' cancels Lambert after AMA performance. this was scheduled for tomorrow morning! hee...hee...

this just in......

seeing two men kising will not make you gay....

you either are or you are not gay....it has nothing to with TV.

i understand that you want to protect your children, but if you have raised them well, instilled a good value system in them and taught them a sense of right and wrong....

you will be rewarded with good children.

your children already knew Lambert was gay, however if you have kids old enough to be watching the AMA show(14 years old)....and they do not have a good enough sense of morality, right and wrong and whether they are gay or Hetero.....you failed at parenting along time ago and no amount of TV will change that.

this just in......

i understand that you want to protect your children, but if you have raised them well, instilled a good value system in them and taught them a sense of right and wrong....

your children already knew Lambert was gay, however if you have kids old enough to be watching the AMA show(14 years old)....and they do not have a good enough sense of morality, right and wrong and whether they are gay or Hetero.....you failed at parenting along time ago and no amount of TV will change that.

:thumbsup:

this just in......

I agree...good post...

I understand the need to want the world around us to be more sterile for our kids, but I also know that will never happen. For every single thing we keep from them that's on a TV show, they'll hear 10x worse on their bus ride to school...bottom line is that you can't keep the outside world from our children, so the BEST line of defense against things we find offensive is to simply teach them the values we were taught or that we adopt and hope they filter the rest out, just as we do on a day-to-day basis.

I agree...good post...

I understand the need to want the world around us to be more sterile for our kids, but I also know that will never happen. For every single thing we keep from them that's on a TV show, they'll hear 10x worse on their bus ride to school...bottom line is that you can't keep the outside world from our children, so the BEST line of defense against things we find offensive is to simply teach them the values we were taught or that we adopt and hope they filter the rest out, just as we do on a day-to-day basis.
I understand this as well, but maybe I don't want to see it either.

I understand this as well, but maybe I don't want to see it either.

you might try using this....

remote.jpg

Back