Adam Lambert kisses male keyboard player on AMA

Good point, government regulation sucks. Which brings up another point since we are not on that topic. Why are you such a staunch supporter of Obama then? Seems to me that he and his Democratic party are pretty much getting their hands into everything, including your wallet.

What I said was government regulation of what you see on tv (or in the media in general) is bad. That would be a violation of the 1st Amendment. Any violation of the rights granted in the constitution is bad and any suggestion to limit those rights is bad.

The Republican Party's position on many issues stand to limit the rights of individuals therefore I can not accept those positions. Not all mind you. There is of course a definate push in the democratic party toward gun control. Should any bill be put forth that suggests a (further) limit to our 2d Amendment Rights I would oppose such legislation.

If you want me to be specific about particular issues just ask. :beerchug:

who cares,,,, does this directly effect anyone? not really.

kids see way more gruesome stuff then this and talk about way more gruesome stuff then this. we were all kids and we all know that when our parents backs were turned we did and saw crazy stuff. is this gonna ruin a child,,NO.

growing up in san fransisco i was exposed to the gay thing at a young age. i remember seeing men holding hands and what not while down town with my parents for some weekend outing. i remember asking why,,, and i remember my parents just saying that "sometimes some men like to hold a mans hand and not a womans hand" i said oh ok and moved on. as i got older i figured out what gay really is and never cared or made a big deal over it. it is what it is,,,

have i even been in a gay experience,,no. have i had gay friends? yes. is this gonna all matter in 2 weeks when the next stupid news story comes out? not at all.

let it go and live your own life and stop worrying so much about what happens inside your tv.

cheers:beerchug:

What I said was government regulation of what you see on tv (or in the media in general) is bad. That would be a violation of the 1st Amendment. Any violation of the rights granted in the constitution is bad and any suggestion to limit those rights is bad.

The Republican Party's position on many issues stand to limit the rights of individuals therefore I can not accept those positions. Not all mind you. There is of course a definate push in the democratic party toward gun control. Should any bill be put forth that suggests a (further) limit to our 2d Amendment Rights I would oppose such legislation.

If you want me to be specific about particular issues just ask. :beerchug:
I did ask. I asked peoples thoughts on whether they thought that 2 men kissing on public TV was ok and why. You took the discussion to a different place.

kids see way more gruesome stuff then this and talk about way more gruesome stuff then this. we were all kids and we all know that when our parents backs were turned we did and saw crazy stuff. is this gonna ruin a child,,NO.

growing up in san fransisco i was exposed to the gay thing at a young age. i remember seeing men holding hands and what not while down town with my parents for some weekend outing. i remember asking why,,, and i remember my parents just saying that "sometimes some men like to hold a mans hand and not a womans hand" i said oh ok and moved on. as i got older i figured out what gay really is and never cared or made a big deal over it. it is what it is,,,

have i even been in a gay experience,,no. have i had gay friends? yes. is this gonna all matter in 2 weeks when the next stupid news story comes out? not at all.

let it go and live your own life and stop worrying so much about what happens inside your tv.

:thumbsup:

This is a great perspective.
Too bad many more people are raised by intolerant parents that go on teaching intolerance in a vicious cycle.

Next thing ya know we are going to hear that 1st amendment rights extend on to TV and Message boards.. :whistle:

:rofl:

This is a great perspective.
Too bad many more people are raised by intolerant parents that go on teaching intolerance in a vicious cycle.

exactly.

i am a big believer in live and let live.

not live and let live, as long as you live like me, and if you dont live like me i dont want you to live at all,,,

people seem to always instill their own fears and prejudices into their kids. if the kid is lucky he will grow up and be his own person and not continue the perpetual slinging of fear and hate.

i was lucky enough to have parents that just told me that whatever i am or become to be the best i can be and not to settle. i cant imagine growing up in a house where ones parents who sit their kid down and say "we want you to be the best whatever you can be and we are proud of you no matter what,,,, as long as you dont marry a black, befriend a jew, and gays are going to hell"

that sounds more nightmarish to me then anything,,, whats sad is that stuff goes on???

oh my god.......i watched those two men kiss.

does that mean i will be gay?

america loves its gays, they love thier contributions to music, fashion, movies and television. its just does not like to see them, "how dare two homosexuals kiss".not to mention all those gay men and women that you don't know about....

do you boycott Disney, because they are one of the leaders of gay equality. they were one of the first major companies to accept same couples and offer them equal access to health insurance...etc.

if you watched the AMA awards.....and the only thing offensive was the publicity grab buy a no-talent like Lambert...your not looking hard enough at the music industry.

It's not like this is the first time a parent has seen a musical performance on television that a parent considered inappropriate for their children.

Elvis
Rolling Stones
Madonna
Britney
Madonna & Britney
Janet Jackson

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. Notice they stretch back for decades.

Controversy sells records.

If many adults weren't so obsessed with items as trivial as this there would be no controversy to sell records, and this behavior would be less visible.

I didn't even know who Adam Lambert was until I saw this thread.

Your outrage has unwittingly helped spread the gay agenda. :laugh:

Coming from a guy that spoons with his dog! :rofl: We all make choices.

:poke: who cares they are probably somewhere eating something with clay akin by now anyway:laugh:

america loves its gays, they love thier contributions to music, fashion, movies and television. its just does not like to see them, "how dare two homosexuals kiss".not to mention all those gay men and women that you don't know about....

Censorship is alive and kicking even on this website. Like the FCC, you can't even say the word SH!T here. The word was probably one of the first swear words I ever got away with, everyone uses it and yet we are stifled on it every way until Tuesday.

And yet, you can say JESUS CHRIST, as an expression, all day long and no one blinks an eye!

Go figure. ???

It was interesting, I read in a news report about it that the keyboard player is actually a straight guy. ??? I really liked Adam during American Idol, but did not really care for the style of music he chooses now, a little too flamboyant for me. I think he would be more popular doing the rock thing. The whole kissing thing I think was definately publicity stunt/controversy sells kind of thing, like the Madonna/Britney kiss. The big difference I think is that they were already established superstars when they did it. He is not exactly there at this point in his career & it might just have been career suicide for him. I think he has the right to do what he wants with whoever, but he has to remember mainstream America may not accept it. It'll probably make him or break him, we'll see I guess.

Missed it, and glad of it. Maybe we need a new rating TV-14 Gay :laugh:

It's simple RacerV, don't watch the AMA's again, write a letter to the network as well as the AMA rationally describing your concerns.

I see this a little different sloppy. If you condone this behavior then it's a no never mind, if you oppose this behavior I think you might be concerned that because it's on public TV it gets calculated as normal and acceptable.

But regardless of your views lets keep things civil. Good debate is healthy.

I didn't see the show, so it may not be fair to comment, but what comes to mind is that I think there's a true bias in America when it comes to two guys vs. two girls...if it had been two girls on stage, I doubt the drama would exist...

Back