Acura RSX prob

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Last time I had issue with the door locks @Mr Brown had the answer in like 5 seconds. I tried the RSX forums with no luck.
2005 Acura RSX...issue,door un-lock/alarm no workie.
Use key to get in. OK.
Hit un-lock switch on door to un-lock all 3 doors...no workie.
I'm trying to move things and cant open the hatch,there is no key hole for that at rear...
Idea's?
Thanks,
Rubb.

Guess I should have investigated further...I just wanted to put some things in the hatch...didnt try to start it. The whole car is dead in the water. Al fuses seem intact,not even a dim light (like me) on dome or anything. :banghead:
good times...
Rubb.

Guess I should have investigated further...I just wanted to put some things in the hatch...didnt try to start it. The whole car is dead in the water. Al fuses seem intact,not even a dim light (like me) on dome or anything. :banghead:
good times...
Rubb.
Battery dead?
Check battery voltage and terminal connections etc... you know the drill.

Battery dead?
Check battery voltage and terminal connections etc... you know the drill.

When it rains... :banghead: 24 hours ago...car runs fine. Today...battery has 0.11 V.
If I had a gun,I would..,..shoot the battery,then the car...

Nobody told me
rofl.gif

Rubb.

Best find the current draw that killed yours first though.

Could an alarm going off because junkies have been trying to get in it all night long be the cause?

If your battery is shot, I’ve got a spare Optima you can have. Extra one from that Fiero I was playing with last year. Just used it two weekends ago to start a CRX that had been sitting for two years, lots of jam in it.
Crx??? Come on man how many awesome toys u got hiding??

If your battery is shot, I’ve got a spare Optima you can have. Extra one from that Fiero I was playing with last year. Just used it two weekends ago to start a CRX that had been sitting for two years, lots of jam in it.
Doh Left the house before seeing this...dropped $A hunid fiddy on a new one.
Best find the current draw that killed yours first though.

Could an alarm going off because junkies have been trying to get in it all night long be the cause?
THAT is a distinct possibilty.
Just as ‘buser Said, put in a fresh battery, then do a current draw test.
But if the battery went to less than 1 volt in 24 hours.... more likely a bad battery than a current draw situation.
Nonetheless..... test, test, test!
When it rains....my multi-meter tanked. Good grief. hahahaha
I've been sworn to secrecy...:D
Rubb.

Lol! It wasn't mine. Well, it might have become mine if it hadn't been so rusty... and mossy... and mildewy... and housing an entire ant colony... :crazy:

Typical Honda though, it fired right up on the choke despite being parked and abandoned two years ago. Those cars are freaks.

92426601_934.jpg

Doh Left the house before seeing this...dropped $A hunid fiddy on a new one.

Too bad. You didn't need that expenditure. Guess mine will continue living in the cabinet in my garage until I buy some new toy to put it in. ;)

Funny story, sorta @hayabuser with a CRX. A past GF had one,newer model than the one you got going there...anyway she had a "mechanic" living next door. She mentioned to him one day her CRX had a squeek in it going over speed bumps was when the noise was heard. Well,Mr.Mechanic diagnosis the prob a squeeky lower control arm ball joint. The fix: He pokes a hole in the ball joint boot,and ....wait for it....fills it up with WD40. My GF is impressed. "That only took you 5 mins she says. Can I give you some money?" Oh no he says...all in a days work and a favor for a pretty lady blah blah blah. She tells me this later...after the fact. I am unknowing to all of these events. So fast forward a couple weeks...GF says she's taking me out for my birthday...cool. Out for din-din we go. All dressed up,so we take her car,not my bike. I'm driving,flying around a corner at maybe 70 K (in the city) when 00ps....left front wheel turns left...right front wheel turns right.
Lower control arm ball joint (the unservicable type) has let loose. Nose of the car on the drivers side scrapes the ground CV joint is dancing under neath having been pulled from the trans etc...
Wow she says..."That was good driving." Ya not bad I guess.
Here's the warning part my brother...the "mechanic" is the head "mechanic" at Howie's Car Coral on the Colwood strip.
Might want to let friends and fam in on that PRIOR to a purchase from Howie. Anyway,I threw it back together properly,L & R A-arms,CV's etc...wasn't that much dough,took me 2 hours or so.
Thanks for the batt offer,I would have taken you up on that. Incidently...car battery in a backpack with a bad shoulder etc on Busa ...no fun. LOL.
Rubb.

Funny story, sorta @hayabuser with a CRX. A past GF had one,newer model than the one you got going there...anyway she had a "mechanic" living next door. She mentioned to him one day her CRX had a squeek in it going over speed bumps was when the noise was heard. Well,Mr.Mechanic diagnosis the prob a squeeky lower control arm ball joint. The fix: He pokes a hole in the ball joint boot,and ....wait for it....fills it up with WD40. My GF is impressed. "That only took you 5 mins she says. Can I give you some money?" Oh no he says...all in a days work and a favor for a pretty lady blah blah blah. She tells me this later...after the fact. I am unknowing to all of these events. So fast forward a couple weeks...GF says she's taking me out for my birthday...cool. Out for din-din we go. All dressed up,so we take her car,not my bike. I'm driving,flying around a corner at maybe 70 K (in the city) when 00ps....left front wheel turns left...right front wheel turns right.
Lower control arm ball joint (the unservicable type) has let loose. Nose of the car on the drivers side scrapes the ground CV joint is dancing under neath having been pulled from the trans etc...
Wow she says..."That was good driving." Ya not bad I guess.
Here's the warning part my brother...the "mechanic" is the head "mechanic" at Howie's Car Coral on the Colwood strip.
Might want to let friends and fam in on that PRIOR to a purchase from Howie. Anyway,I threw it back together properly,L & R A-arms,CV's etc...wasn't that much dough,took me 2 hours or so.
Thanks for the batt offer,I would have taken you up on that. Incidently...car battery in a backpack with a bad shoulder etc on Busa ...no fun. LOL.
Rubb.
I just went thru this with a buddy of mine and his accord, told me it was squeaking I told him don't drive it and get it to me so I can check it out. We'll i ended up getting a call on Sunday morning and having to go help load it on a tow truck with a busted lower ball joint and cv axle. I was able to replace the ball joint but wasn't an easy task since no one had the proper gonna adapter kit for the press :banghead:.

Lol! It wasn't mine. Well, it might have become mine if it hadn't been so rusty... and mossy... and mildewy... and housing an entire ant colony... :crazy:

Typical Honda though, it fired right up on the choke despite being parked and abandoned two years ago. Those cars are freaks.

View attachment 1625969

Too bad. You didn't need that expenditure. Guess mine will continue living in the cabinet in my garage until I buy some new toy to put it in. ;)
I love the crx's...they are a lot of fun with an Integra engine swap in them. Really light and the 1.8 engine makes em move pretty good.

I just went thru this with a buddy of mine and his accord, told me it was squeaking I told him don't drive it and get it to me so I can check it out. We'll i ended up getting a call on Sunday morning and having to go help load it on a tow truck with a busted lower ball joint and cv axle. I was able to replace the ball joint but wasn't an easy task since no one had the proper gonna adapter kit for the press :banghead:.
Sometimes easier just to do the whole arm eh bro. They are fairly cheap,and with the CRX and others,its the only option. Ball joint "Not sold separately" :banghead:
I would have delivered it to your 'hood.... I just would have needed to find a friend to ride along with me in the truck... with a gun... for protection...
Actually "Riding Shotgun" is a reality around here. :laugh:
Rubb.

Sometimes easier just to do the whole arm eh bro. They are fairly cheap,and with the CRX and others,its the only option. Ball joint "Not sold separately" :banghead:

Actually "Riding Shotgun" is a reality around here. :laugh:
Rubb.
On his accord the lower is in the spindle itself that's why you need the adapter kit for the press, it has a cup with half of one side cut out to fit in the tight spot. His uppers are still the non serviceable ones and I was gonna change it too but the whole laying on the ground thing was getting to me. I've been spoiled by years of working in shops and having hoists and proper tools :laugh:

On his accord the lower is in the spindle itself that's why you need the adapter kit for the press, it has a cup with half of one side cut out to fit in the tight spot. His uppers are still the non serviceable ones and I was gonna change it too but the whole laying on the ground thing was getting to me. I've been spoiled by years of working in shops and having hoists and proper tools :laugh:
I hear ya Dopey. Did a clutch in a Jeep Wagoneer.Drive shaft,transfer case and trans has to come out...no biggie right? By myself with one bottle jack...
in a gravel driveway. :crazy: The good old days when back and arm strength got the job done. :thumbsup:
Then,you get spoiled...

c.JPG

If yer Gen II is down for a bit,not too worry...you ride yer Gen I. :p

Rubb.

Back