Actual width of stock rear tire/wheel? (for trailer towing)

TheAtomicAss

Registered
The stars may align and allow me to purchase a Hayabusa this year, just in time, it would seem, (should the rumors be true), to avoid the mess that 2019 somewhat promises to be. :poke:

Anyway, I'm probably going to be buying from a non-local dealer, and since I'm not fond of break-in on the highway, I'll be trailering the new 'Busa home. Only problem is, my trailer has somewhat narrow rails, and I'm not entirely sure the rear tire will fit in the rail. (It's a floor-optional triple-rail design). I'm handy enough with metal, so I can probably modify the rail to make it work, but before I do, I thought I'd ask if someone would be kind enough to measure the tire as it is mounted, as I think it might be slightly different than the 7.48" that 190mm translates to.

Mine measures just over 7”. I flew from NorCal to SoCal to buy mine and rode it back over 400 miles on the coast hiway so as not to drone on at constant freeway speeds. Worked very well as that was 12 years and 60'000+ miles ago. I’ve transported several bikes and using a Canyon Dancer and a couple straps over folded towels to protect the plastics secures anything you have.

Trucks work too. Ignore my straps up front as I have a handle bar kit getting straps off body work.
Personly like CBX said ride it. = no problem what is 2as made to do. You baby the nsc cylinder wall coating with new rings she will always use oil ;) You need to build pressure behind Piston rings to seat them properly.
15273753995492927408792288153144.jpg
15273754623027460204616442097110.jpg

I drove 1,100 miles each way to a ranch near Dillon MT when I found this 03 Duc in 09 with 1,004 miles on it. The only thing not original was the battery and the bike was in his dining room just inside his deck on a tender.:cool: I like to compress the forks a bit while strapping it. It has to have some suspension movement so I just lay over the seat as I'm pulling the straps. I've done this four times on freeways and over steep mountain roads, with just straps, no wheel chock or slotted rails.
DUC SOJOURN 026 (Medium).jpg

I did neglect to mention I (no longer) own a truck, didn't I? :p

IMG_0080.JPG

Also, I do know that babying it is not good for the rings, but straight highway travel is the same, in my mind.

Last edited:
Back