Actual Mileage when changing sprockets

Busatroop

Registered
Is there a formula or conversion to get the actual mileage when someone swaps out sprockets? Im looking at a Busa and he says it has 14k miles and its registering more because of the sprocket being a 47" its a 2008. Just wondering what the actual miles are or roughly are...thanks!

there is no way to tell because u dont know how often he rode it or when he did the sprocket change,

the bike has 14k on it if he wanted it to be accurate and base his sale price on it then he should have gotten a speedohealer/yellow box/etc. and corrected whenever he did the sprocket change.

the bike has 14k on it if he wanted it to be accurate and base his sale price on it then he should have gotten a speedohealer/yellow box/etc. and corrected whenever he did the sprocket change.

+1 here. What ever the bike says it has thats what it has no matter what the sprockets or owner say. If the odometer works thats the milage.
If you want an approx. way to check what he is saying figure the %. Stock its off 7% then with it up 5 in the rear my guess (GUESS) would be around 13% which comes to 20%. Take the milage that the bike shows and subtract 20% and assume from day one it had the sprocket change. Either way the mileage difference should be close to what the odometer says.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Im not sure at this point when he made the swap this is his ad asking 9k its pretty much what Im looking for as lowered small stretch and a few other minor mods..

2008 SUZUKI GSXR1300 Hayabusa

Im thinking about going up tomorrow to see it only about an hour drive and i have the time

If it were me I would be very cautious about buying a bike with those sort of mods to it. Maybe that is just me being paranoid about a bike being beat on most of its life though.

When I bought my 2008 Busa used, I got lucky and found out the guys name on here. Then I looked back at all of his posts since he bought the motorcycle to see if he had been talking about racing or abusing it. Also, the bike was in immaculate condition and was virtually stock.

Last edited:
Back