actual Footage of Kiwi at his other job

Well, you caught me out in that one JP, :confused:
I must confess, it's pretty tricky trying to keep that loco on the tracks, I mean the tracks are totally covered so it's just guess work as to where to steer the loco so you don't de-rail and fall off the side . . . a lot of fun though :rolleyes:

The thing is I never thought of NZ having that kind of snow. In july! I know you have mtns and South Island is close to Antarctica. But I guess I learned something today
Yup! Strange as it may seem, we have WINTER in July ! ! ! :lol: :poke:
About every few years, it snows across the plains of Canterbury down to sea level (ChCh) but where I live is 200 meters above sea level and when it snows (usually every second winter) it's only for a couple of days and then sits on the ground for a week or two . . . that's it. Done.
Mild winters, unlike you poor buggers in Canada and the upper States of The U.S. Snow on the ground for months on end, f**k that!!!

Cantab. Nothing personal. but I hate you :). It is May here. We should be riding !!!!! if it is not raining it is cold Sometimes both. It is gonna be a short season if things do not improve soon. I would rather suspect you build your train engineer tough too. That is surely a driving while blind situation a few times there

Surprised it doesn't have a small plow on it...that's a lot of snow coming up over the front.
It is so NASTY. Didn't they have diverter or plow like thing on trains back in when railways layed in America. Great for snow, animals & hobos.

It is so NASTY. Didn't they have diverter or plow like thing on trains back in when railways layed in America. Great for snow, animals & hobos.
They called it a "cow catcher"

In the winter, our lead locomotives have a small plow like unit that diverts the snow.

Back