Aching wrists

Jza

Registered
Hey guys,

Aching wrists when touring... part and parcel of touring on a busa... or fixable nuicance? I

Is a 1 3/4 inch rise of the handlebars really going to remove this pain, or is it down the gym to strengthen my wrists and save the money?

Jza

How often do you ride? when I first bought my busa, If I went 2-3 days without riding, my wrist will get a lil sore, and/or my index and middle fingers would go to sleep. but never longer than a couple miles or so...prolly due to riding all "braced up" while still not use to it. this lasted for about 2 weeks. I would say i'm cured now though

Relax and support your upper body with your abs and back muscles. Elbows slightly bent arms slightly out. Sounds as if you are holding on too tight.

If you busa is still trimmed with oem equipment, get yourself some bar risers to start. I would also recommend new pegs to lower your feet, you will be surprised at how different she feels with those two mods.

One of the biggest things riders forget or never think about changing is their position of the clutch and brake lever. Most riders will leave them in the position the factory sets them in. When you sit on the bike are you finding that your hands have to lift up to place your fingers around the levers? If you do, see where your hands naturally want to when sitting on the bike...adjust the levers to follow to that position.

Good luck!

the 3/4 inch spacers worked real well with the buell peg setup. it's almost an entirely different bike and it will eliminate about 80% of the ache in the wrists.

You need to fix your riding posture. Your upper body should be supported by your legs, back, and abdomen, not your chest arms and wrists.

You need to fix your riding posture. Your upper body should be supported by your legs, back, and abdomen, not your chest arms and wrists.
+1.. but does take some practice and work however.. I often find myself riding pretty upright with one hand on the bars the other on my lap (allows for really upright seating)

also scoot your butt forward... sliding back on the seat causes a lot of undo pressure on the wrists as well..

gym and better posture are very important. also I find it very useful to stretch your wrists before your ride. I usually stretch my whole body actually, especially knees, ankles, elbows, neck, back, and definitely wrists and fingers.

hi i done 750miles through france in 1 day last year with standard gen 2 busa and no pains or aches.this is busa no 3 and is the best allrounder by far

Adjust your riding position first, but if you need a set of risers I have a set for sale. :whistle:

Helibars, and a 1 inch lift, Corbin seat, Zero Gravity ST windshield, ProGrip 710 grips, Throttlemeister, and Buell pegs all added up to fix it for me.

Sqeeze the tank with the knees and use your abs to support the upper body instead of the arms. At speed I'll lay on the tank as well. :thumbsup:

Back