Accident at the track yesterday. Fayetteville,NC. Need new fairings

twinvipers

Registered
Was at Fayetteville Motorsports Parks yesterday in North Carolina. My friend went down the track on my bike and there was a driveshaft laying in the middle of the track on the top end after the lights. He hit it at 146mph. How he did not go down is a MIRACLE !!! Needless to say the underneath of the bike got hammered. Where is the best place to buy OEM fairings and also need the header to my Yosh exhaust.

The track owner actually said "we do not have spotters on the big end and we can not catch everything". What a joke of a race track. The rider could have easily have been killed.

Pic's tomorrow.

Jason Walton
River Rat Motorsports
928.757.2480 Main
888.833.8869 Fax
Premier Kawasaki and Suzuki Dealership
In the Tri-State Area

To not have spotters on the end is grounds for a major lawsuit and your friend should seek payment of damages from the track. Driveshaft in the middle of track and bikes are running ?
Didn't the guy who lost the shaft tell the track ?
Without a shaft how did he get back to his trailer ?
Wasn't the car broke down at the end as well ?
Whole thing sounds Fd up.

Glad he is ok.

Thanks guys

The car that actually lost the shaft was sitting right on the other side of the wall. Maybe one foot off the track. He was sitting in the car waiting on his tow. What an ******* not to notify someone. The owner and track officials could have cared less.

I would surely make the track pay for the parts. I would rather get sued for a few hundreds then a few thousands.

Man...thats crappy. Thats why I stopped racing non-sanctioned tracks. They're always way understaffed. Glad he didn't get hurt or worse!!!

If you signed a waiver then you will lose the lawsuit.

How do you not see the driveshaft laying out there to begin with? There more than likely would have been some tranny fluid come out also.

Contact Justin at Honda East Toledo. He is one of the site SPONSORS!!!!!! And said he would beat the above mentioned companies prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Justin at Honda East Toledo. He is one of the site SPONSORS!!!!!! And said he would beat the above mentioned companies prices.

:thumbsup:

Let me know what you need OEM and I'll get you straightened out

08 Gray and Black
both side lowers and the piece that connects them on the bottom

thanks

Post up some pictures when you get a chance so I know exactly what to look for. I'll shoot you some prices tomorrow when I get to work

Make the track pay for it. Sounds like an issue they should fix

That is not always true, call a lawyer

That waiver doesn't mean jack **** in court, just do you want to go through the trouble? the court costs and lawyer fees, is the state you live in one with loser pays lawyer/court costs or would you be out big time?

Your best bet... figure your total costs in fairing/header repairs, find the track owners car while no one is around, grasp a crowbar firmly and... jk

Seriously though, get you some fairings, go on your merry way, spread the word of crappy track ethics and staff/ownership all around to everyone you know, and tell your friend when there is any type of object lying in the track, (especially something as large as a damn driveshaft!) don't just keep going. Sounds like it may have been at night with extremely poor lighting. Glad your friend is ok! :beerchug:

That waiver doesn't mean jack **** in court, just do you want to go through the trouble? the court costs and lawyer fees, is the state you live in one with loser pays lawyer/court costs or would you be out big time?

Your best bet... figure your total costs in fairing/header repairs, find the track owners car while no one is around, grasp a crowbar firmly and... jk

Seriously though, get you some fairings, go on your merry way, spread the word of crappy track ethics and staff/ownership all around to everyone you know, and tell your friend when there is any type of object lying in the track, (especially something as large as a damn driveshaft!) don't just keep going. Sounds like it may have been at night with extremely poor lighting. Glad your friend is ok! :beerchug:

+1:laugh:

If my tire blows out can I sue the tire company?
If my chain snaps and locks up the rear tire can I sue the chain company?
If my cases shatter and pour oil on the rear tire can I sue the engine builder?
If a dresser falls off the back of a pick up truck on the highway and I hit it in rush hour, can I sue the state?
Our sport is inherently dangerous, and things that happen are not always in our control. Glad no one was hurt.

Is this a NHRA track??? never mind i see its IHRA, never the less someone is repsonsible, they should have emt and a spotter at end of track at all events, i bet ihra would like to hear this.....

Last edited:
Back