Accident at the track yesterday. Fayetteville,NC. Need new fairings

Here are the pics of Twinvipers bike from yesterday. Pretty bad. Sucks that the track could care less.

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Please let me know if there are any other speciffic pictures that you need or any other info that you want. Thanks for all the help guys.

Was at Fayetteville Motorsports Parks yesterday in North Carolina. My friend went down the track on my bike and there was a driveshaft laying in the middle of the track on the top end after the lights. He hit it at 146mph. How he did not go down is a MIRACLE !!! Needless to say the underneath of the bike got hammered. Where is the best place to buy OEM fairings and also need the header to my Yosh exhaust.

The track owner actually said "we do not have spotters on the big end and we can not catch everything". What a joke of a race track. The rider could have easily have been killed.

Pic's tomorrow.

Do not have spotters understandable :whistle: always a lack of volunteers for events... I remember here the guys in the tower used binoculars to watch as they went down the raceway.

But a racer left the racetrack and didn't notice he was missing his drive shaft ??? :wtf:

:ban:

If my tire blows out can I sue the tire company?
If my chain snaps and locks up the rear tire can I sue the chain company?
If my cases shatter and pour oil on the rear tire can I sue the engine builder?
If a dresser falls off the back of a pick up truck on the highway and I hit it in rush hour, can I sue the state?
Our sport is inherently dangerous, and things that happen are not always in our control. Glad no one was hurt.

yes, you can sue; will you win? maybe maybe not;
you call always sue

you play baseball sue the company that makes the bat, if you get hit by a ball that bonces off the bat
Where was the cation sign for objects that bounce off bat may cause damage.

case in point.

If the fat guy can sue mcdonalds for making him fat, you can sue anyone or anything you fell like.

Sue the church for being struck by lighting, since lighting is from god(lol) and they represent him.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I blew the baffle out of my exhaust one night racing and the drunken ass running the lanes didn't realize it until my brother told him, Needless to say i said something to the track managers and that guy was gone. Speedworld in Phoenix is a great track, just some people they hire aren't so great. Sucks about your bike man.

Please let me know if there are any other speciffic pictures that you need or any other info that you want. Thanks for all the help guys.

If you could, step back a little and take some side pictures so I can see the whole side of the bike. It's hard to tell exactly what's broken because the bike is the gray/black.

Any idea on plastics pricing?

So far I have 3 OEM plastics:

Right "lower" - $149.99
94470-15H00-YAY

Left "lower" - $149.99
94480-15H00-YAY

Rear Under Cowl - $159.99
94661-15H00-YAY

Total = $459.97

I can't tell if more was damaged than that, unless maybe you call me or some pictures from further away are posted

Right "lower" - $149.99
94470-15H00-YAY

Left "lower" - $149.99
94480-15H00-YAY

94661-15H00-YAY

Total = $459.97

I can't tell if more was damaged than that, unless maybe you call me or some pictures from further away are posted

These all come with factory decals? What number can I reach you at on Tuesday? Thanks

Yes, Suzuki comes with factory paint AND decals.

419-891-1230 x2

If you signed a waiver then you will lose the lawsuit.

How do you not see the driveshaft laying out there to begin with? There more than likely would have been some tranny fluid come out also.

He said it was after the finish line- nobodys gonna see a driveshaft out on the track over 1/4 mile away ! What are you Superman? Glad your not running the track.

They should have at least a spotter. Id try to get them to ante up. Your friend could have been killed.

He said it was after the finish line- nobodys gonna see a driveshaft out on the track over 1/4 mile away ! What are you Superman? Glad your not running the track.

They should have at least a spotter. Id try to get them to ante up. Your friend could have been killed.

Your not always a 1/4 mile a way are you? You are going towards the end of the track.... If it was dark, it would be somewhat understandable that it wasn't seen by the rider. It's not like a driveshaft isn't going to be noticeable enough to try to go around it or get on the brakes. Most are at least 3 feet long????? There shouldn't be anything on the track so it should have been fairly easy to notice. If I was running the track there would have been spotters there so not to worry.

At a 140 mph a couple feet of driveshaft can appear pretty fast, and it would be pretty hard to make a correction. Either way, dark, sun in the face, speed, theres many factors that could make it hard to see anywhere along the track. Theres alot going on racing a fast bike like a busa, the last thing on my mind during a run is looking for trash on the racing surface. Im sure you'll agree. We all pay our entry fee to race in a safe enviroment right ? That's why we go to the track.

Hope you know the "superman" comment was just for fun !:poke:

In 25 years of racing cars and bikes at 15 different tracks I have seen some strange things that didn't belong on the track. Dogs, cats, woodchucks and even a moose have wandered across the path. I have seen various pieces of metal and concrete, and pools of ATF, oil and god-knows what kind of slippery stuff as well. I've had a squall of sleet and frozen rain come down just as I've gone through the traps and started to slow. I've seen people sitting on the armco at the finish line with there feet on the track with small dogs in there arms ready to jump- That was at a regional event in Pittsburg:whistle:. In 1989 I had a guy in the opposite lane snap his wheelie bars and clip me at the 330. The point is that we don't always race in a bubble, and everyone should prepare for something like this to eventually happen.

Again, glad Twinvipers was OK, and good to see the bike will get fixed up.

At a 140 mph a couple feet of driveshaft can appear pretty fast, and it would be pretty hard to make a correction. Either way, dark, sun in the face, speed, theres many factors that could make it hard to see anywhere along the track. Theres alot going on racing a fast bike like a busa, the last thing on my mind during a run is looking for trash on the racing surface. Im sure you'll agree. We all pay our entry fee to race in a safe enviroment right ? That's why we go to the track.

Hope you know the "superman" comment was just for fun !:poke:
I too agree with that... A person is pretty busy at that speed....I would say also hard to spot it on the track...
25 years ago at Sacramento a guy was in the hunt for a title..blew up his Gpz900..and borrowed a bike..same thing hit a drive shaft and did crash..it was dark..glad you and that guy survived...

Right "lower" - $149.99
94470-15H00-YAY

Left "lower" - $149.99
94480-15H00-YAY

94661-15H00-YAY

Total = $459.97

Thats a pretty smokin'n price .... the chinese cant even do em that cheap ?? :bowdown:

Back