ABS plastic vs OEM

I thought you had an '08, that's a Gen I set if that's what ya got, looks nice. :thumbsup:

Also whatever you get make sure it comes with all the cushions and heat shields....

I mounted a set of those once on a 2003 GSXR1000. The material is about half as thick as the oem style fairings. The holes are not perfectly aligned. But they are ok for the price i would say. Just keep in mind like already said that you keep all your old heat shields and this kit comes with a cover for the gas tank!!! Most kits dont come with the cover or gas tank so you got to mix and match and paint!!

Steve

I have seen some knock-off sets in person , and they are ok ... not perfect .
Good for some .. personally I'd rather have OEM fairings rattle-canned than knock-offs with a nice looking paint job , you can always re-paint .
There's no way to thicken up each piece , and make it fit flawlessly . :poke:

I've read that the paint looks good,but Chips real easy due to it being a "Thin" coat. They complain it gets butchered up real fast.

They sure do look nice though.

My riding buddy put the nicecycle kit on his Bike. They shipped quick and was okay on returning calls.
But the paint is super thin and washing the bugs off will remove paint where they were. The fit was rough and required redrilling every hole to make them big enough for the factory hardware to go through. They have melted on both sides of the lower fairing even with factory heat tape and foam. There was no heat shields or foam provided he went to the dealer and bought new foam and heat tape. They replaced the fairings quickly but they are doing the same thing again.
The packaging had Japan on them. I don't know if they are repacking the Ebay Kits or are getting the fairings from them and painting here. Overall for the amount of money he spent it would have been better off to paint the factory fairings. Or just have ordered the ebay kit and saved a couple hundred dollars if he was going to be stuck with cheap fairings.

Last edited:
My riding buddy put the nicecycle kit on his Bike. They shipped quick and was okay on returning calls.
But the paint is super thin and washing the bugs off will remove paint where they were. The fit was rough and required redrilling every hole to make them big enough for the factory hardware to go through. They have melted on both sides of the lower fairing even with factory heat tape and foam. There was no heat shields or foam provided he went to the dealer and bought new foam and heat tape. They replaced the fairings quickly but they are doing the same thing again.
The packaging had China on them. I don't know if they are repacking the Hong Kong Kits or are getting the fairings from them and painting here. Overall for the amount of money he spent it would have been better off to paint the factory fairings. Or just have ordered the ebay kit and saved a couple hundred dollars if he was going to be stuck with cheap fairings.
Thanks for the info, no wonder its soo cheap, i guess ya get what ya pay for.
I think i will stick to the OEM stuff. I want quality

Back