About to pull motor need advice

FireMedic

Registered
2007 Busa - my shift fork is bent and transmission needs to be pulled for undercutting.
I have never attempted a project like this but i'm up for a challenge. I have studied the service manual and will be following engine and transmission removal procedures.

Im looking for any advice on a project like this.
-Are there any tricks or helpful knowledge that would be good to know?
-Any discrepancies with the service manual
-Special tools needed
ect...

I've read that the motor can be flipped and transmission pulled from bottom. Is that the easier way?

I'm sure I'll get some interesting replies but any serious advice would be greatly appreciated.

From what I've read you need a special socket and you need to be very careful. We had a member damage his frame doing this. Best of luck.

Special sockets to remove the motor mount nuts, 2 good torque wrenches, full cometic gasket kit a clymer manual. Now is the time to spend money on the inside. shift forks, billet shafts, have your crank balanced @ APE, upgrade to some ARP bolts and studs...

Did this exact job, pulling the motor is easy, download the Suzuki shop manual and follow it, it will come out fast! When you blow apart the motor, just have a large, clean work area. Organize everything. Mark with a white out pen which bolts go where. You'll have a lot of time to do maintenence and cleaning you know you're behind on. Check out my thread, sort of detailing my experience with doing the job. Be sure to replace all gaskets including the clutch pushrod seal that you can only get to by splitting the cases. Hayabusa Teardown - MNSBR .

Pretty sure this is where I got my shop manual. http://servicemanualsgsxr.com/

Yes you can just flip the motor over, and do just the tranny.
As far special tools, you need a chassis socket, and a bunch of metric tools.
As far larger sockets, you do a 30mm and a 36mm, ther than that, 6mm allen and 8mm allen
Any guestions PM me

Output Shaft..Yes, they're a little expensive but Well worth it. You may not need it though depending on your Hp.

Back