? About the Stebel Nautilus compact air horn Wiring

coreywiley

Registered
Hello everyone! I'm going to purchase one of the Stebel Compact air horns and I want to know what would would you recommend when it comes to the wiring? They have the Plug-N-play wiring kit and the Deluxe wiring kit. The reason I ask is because I don't want to buy it and can't find the wire for the horn. Would it be easier just to get the plug-n-play. I already know that I'm going to have problems with the stock horn and the supplied relay.

I didnt use a relay OR a wiring harness for mine. Another note for you: yes, its a small horn, but its substantially larger than your stock horn. I made a bracket for mine and put it behind the motor and above the transmission and just extended the stock horn wiring back to where I needed it.

As for where the horn wiring is: are you having difficulty actually finding the location of the stock horn? Its up under the front wheel on a bracket thats between the front forks. If you look up under the front, its a round disc thats about 3" in diameter. PM me if you need more help, I'll be glad to supply it.

Mine wouldnt fit in the stock location so I moved it to the tail.

I wired mine up with a relay, used the factory horn wire for the switch side of the relay and ran a power wire from the battery through a fuse block for the power side.

Two things, 1. the horn does not like the cold, and will stop working 2. It does not work on extreme angles, so pay attention to how you mount it and try to make it as vertical as possible.

Also a PM away if you need help.

Mine wouldnt fit in the stock location so I moved it to the tail.

I wired mine up with a relay, used the factory horn wire for the switch side of the relay and ran a power wire from the battery through a fuse block for the power side.

Two things, 1. the horn does not like the cold, and will stop working 2. It does not work on extreme angles, so pay attention to how you mount it and try to make it as vertical as possible.

Also a PM away if you need help.

From memory Heavy is a big help and will probably provide pix.....

Back