About the overheating...

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hello !!!
all fellow pilots out there...
I did this mod, bout a month ago...with the full Synthetic oil...
I heard alot about the, Eice will not calm down the temp gauges at all, with or without Mfan...if you are stuck up on the traffic...(I mean, it was all the busa riders and some mechanics saying that if you have a header and PC's on there it will make the busa runs hotter...)
But, I went for little gamble...he11, it ain't too much moneys to wasted if this is not working...although, was scared bit...
but, when I did that mod, guys?
I've got no more issues about the overheating problems, what so ever...if you sit at the traffic the niddle goes to half line, then the fan kicks in(sure the fan blows heck out of the heat...)
I didn't put any words for a month, I just ride it, to see what happens, I don't want to give out anyone false info...
So, if anyone have a different resurlts, please put your results in here, so the rest of the guys can see...

And about the Synthetic oils? it makes a world of difference...
I changed @ 7500 mi. and from reg. oil to Syn.?
it makes even reving sounds different...I was shocked little bit...
On the HWY...
before the oil change(full syn.) I wasn't feel too secure, about going into the redzone..."you can call me sisy 4 that..."
the way of that sluggish feeling of the engine sounds...(am I puttin words together right
rock.gif
) I hesitated every time, if not nessary I don't go there...period.
But now? I just go into red zone like(a full grown Stallion, kickin around just for the heck of it...
biggrin.gif
) that...
without a doubt, best mod I ever did, along with double bubble wind screen...
Let hear from you guys...Thanks for reading all this broken English
crazy.gif

Hadn't heart anyone saying that Engine Ice would make the engine run hotter! I've had Engine Ice and a Muzzy fan in for about a year now with no problems. Sitting in traffic at idle the temp will rise, but then the fan kicks on and brings everything back down to normal.

Interesting, thanks. Are you saying Engine Ice is not as good as Water Wetter? I'm running it, and so far not so impressed with effect or cost. Seems the fan kicks in more than on Water Wetter

Interesting, thanks.  Are you saying Engine Ice is not as good as Water Wetter?  I'm running it, and so far not so impressed with effect or cost.  Seems the fan kicks in more than on Water Wetter
I think Eice is better than the water wetter......

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152120759 -->

I've heard that Engine Ice needs to be drained and replaced with antifreeze before the winter just so you don't forget
wink.gif

I'm too lazy to worry about that, so I opted to not use Engine Ice...glad it's working for you though...

I did find, after having my Busa apart for over a week, that my bike isn't anywhere near actually overheating at all, but that either my sensor or gauge are off...made me feel a bit better after watching my Busa sit and idle, get close to redline, fan kicks in (new Muzzy courtesy of yamahor), fan cuts off, seems it's a few seconds before the temp gauge needle actually goes back down...we had a hi-end temp gauge from the hubby's work that showed us the temp never really got that high, so it's just something that's been scaring me since I bought the Busa
laugh.gif

Quick question for those reading...I've heard from a few sources that the bike will automatically shut off if it reaches a certain temp, preventing engine damage. Is this true?
rock.gif

A few mechanics told me EI is geared better for the street and WW is geared better for the track.  (shoulder shrug)  I used EI in my 01 Gixxer 750 and I'm now using it in my 06LE.  I don't have a full exhaust or a PC and I haven't switched to Syn. Oil.  My needle hasn't gone over the halfway mark (in D.C. rush hour traffic).  I haven't noticed my fan coming on any more than it use to. (stock fan)

I guess it's a case by case basis pending what you have installed and your geographical area.

Water wetter is designed for use with...water. The effect on glycol based systems is minimal.

I don't put WW or EI in my Busa (no Muzzy fan either), and the temps during the summer here never go below 100, sometimes into the 120 range. I commute every day and have never overheated. Until I do, I don't think it's worth the added expense to switch. YMMV

I myself use Water Wetter with water. This process works much better than antifreeze. I had it in since last summer and still works like a charm. it takes a while for the fan to kick on. even if the temps get up there in traffic, in HOUSTON TEXAS WEATHER, even slight movement forward will brind the temp back down to normal and the fan turns off. It cycles untill I get the bike moving. My experience with WW is awesome.

My biggest question here is with the water wetter/ water combo. Antifreeze is used as a cooling system lubricant, in additon to all of its other properties. Does the ww/water mixture have the same lubricating properties??

EDIT:

I just got on the Redline website, and they claim that it has sufficient lubrication for water pump seals, etc.

I still think I am going to drain what's in my cooling system out, and use an 80%water, 20%antifreeze combination + water wetter. This sounds like the best protection and performance for street use, imo.

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152147273 -->

Here in FL, my chances of freezing temps are nearly nill.....I will be using the maximum amount of EI in my system (per the EI website) shortly...I just finished mounting the second fan on my radiator and my system is now completely empty!

I get some pics up eventually for anyone wanting to see how it went.

well, I try to do it myself, but I wasn't sure about right after when you drain the radiator, then you have to empty out the system in the motor, (rinse with distilled water...I think) thats where I got stuck...how to clear the motor part...I couldn't get the clear answers...so, I went to the shop for it...grrr
mad.gif

I use EI and have the Muzzy fan. I have had any problems with my Busa overheating. I think it's worth the money to do.

I can NOT use antifreeze on the race track. gotta be WW usually, and sometimes EI

Back