AAAAARGH I wrecked my baby!

always hate to hear that... but look at it this way now you can get a carbon fiber front fender!! "cool"

hey, thanks for the support guys. I forget the statistic, the average motorcycle rider goes down every 7 years or something, so I'm good for 7 now
smile.gif
I've been thinking about the way to go fix it, not sure how the insurance company wants to handle it. They want me to go get it estimated, and I don't know if they pay me the estimated minus the deductible or I have to get it fixed and they pay for it less $500.00 (deductible). After finally examining it I do believe that the forks are slightly bent. When I put the bars straight, the front wheel points a little off to the right. the right lower has a slight crack and some rash. The left has a large crack and a piece missing, both at the leading edge. The upper is finished, the headlamps just sort of sit in there not attached to anything. The front fender is gone too, carbon fiber fender? Not sure how that would look. A friend of mine has suggested multi-tech fairings. I'll have to take a look.

Z

hey, thanks for the support guys.  I forget the statistic, the average motorcycle rider goes down every 7 years or something, so I'm good for 7 now
smile.gif
 I've been thinking about the way to go fix it, not sure how the insurance company wants to handle it.  They want me to go get it estimated, and I don't know if they pay me the estimated minus the deductible or I have to get it fixed and they pay for it less $500.00 (deductible).  After finally examining it I do believe that the forks are slightly bent. When I put the bars straight, the front wheel points a little off to the right. the right lower has a slight crack and some rash. The left has a large crack and a piece missing, both at the leading edge.  The upper is finished, the headlamps just sort of sit in there not attached to anything.  The front fender is gone too, carbon fiber fender? Not sure how that would look.  A friend of mine has suggested multi-tech fairings.  I'll have to take a look.

Z
When I wrecked mine the insurance company sent the check to the shop. When I went to pick it up I had to pay the shop $500 for my deductible.

OMG! Totalled?!  Got the estimate today from the dealership, a couple of bucks shy of $8000 bucks.  Geeez the damage didn't look all that bad.
sad.gif
 I'm gonna have to look over this parts list. The insurance guys still need to look at it too.

Holy crap, it doesn't look THAT bad.
How can that be totaled?
Just how the heck much are forks, triples, etc...???

Back