A very sad day.

newman

Registered
My Dad passed away this morning.
He had lung cancer, dementia and had slowly been getting worse.

Mum called us in and he was breathing very slow, Lynne and me went back next door to get dressed and by the time we got back in he had passed away.

Thankfully he was in no pain, and died in his sleep, he was 85.

Mum seems to be holding up well, but I suppose it hasn't really sunk in yet, shes 84.

I just feel numb and lost and am crying as I write this.
I gave him a kiss and said my goodbyes.

I can't get in touch with my sons as they keep on changing their phone numbers, so I don't know what to do.

I phoned my brother yesterday and said he better come and visit as I thought Dad didn't have too long left, and he said he would be down today.
He phoned Mum yesterday and managed to have a few words with Dad, which was good.

Just waiting now for the doctor to come, and then start to sort things out.

I feel like I'm in a dream world at the moment.

And just feel grateful I can come here and put my feelings down.

Thanks.

All my love Dave.

so sorry to hear of your loss but glad he was peaceful and without pain...it will take a while for the whole thing to sink in for your mom and for you also i imagine...we are here for you so don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do

Dave!

Sorry to hear about your dad.I lost my dad ( David) about 2 years ago. He didn't make it to 85. You were lucky to have your goodbye.

BB

Oh my, I am so very sorry to hear this. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way my friend. I love my Dad when he was 65.

I am very sorry about your loss.. he lived a long life..
I lost my sister to lung cancer same way, she was only 48...
My prayers to you and your family..

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take peace in the fact that you got to movie him in next door, you know he and your mum appreciated that very much. Stay strong for her, she's going to need it. Prayers for your family.

Dave i am so terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I cant imagine the pain your going through. My thoughts and heart felt sympathy to you and yours.

Our thoughts and prayer are with you. Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news newman :down:

There are just no words to make it better...you and your family are in my thoughts and heart!!!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Back