A two hour trip in a time machine (observe only)

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
If you were able to take a two hour trip on a time machine acting only as an observer, (unable to alter things). Where and When would you go?

Here are some of my ideas:

1. The first two hours of the Universe after the big bang.

2. A historic Christian event.

3. See what Dinosaurs look like.

4. New York City, a million years into the future

5. Woodstock or a Jimi Hendrix Concert

1. The first two hours of the Universe after the big bang.

2. A historic Christian event.

3. See what Dinosaurs look like.

The irony here is almost laugh out loud funny. I'm not being critical at all, just wondering if you considered the conflict between those items on your list. :laugh:

Oh, and to answer your question:

1. 1000 years in the future to verify "man made" global warming is a myth.

2. 60 years in the past (and never come back) for reasons that should be obvious to anyone that has any values at all.

The irony here is almost laugh out loud funny. I'm not being critical at all, just wondering if you considered the conflict between those items on your list. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: I'll be chuckling all day at that...

I'd wanna see the pyramids being built, Greece in it's prime, same with Rome, the Mayan & Aztec empires as well, and see the Grand Canyon when the Colorado river was just a creek:thumbsup:

Area 51 at the time of the crash

JFK's assassination from various places

Next year's Superbowl party (so I knew who to bet for)

Greece, Rome, Egypt, Babylon, China, Japan, and England - during their prime

Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, Normandy, and Nagasaki - at the time of the major events

Oh, and to answer your question:

1. 1000 years in the future to verify "man made" global warming is a myth.

2. 60 years in the past (and never come back) for reasons that should be obvious to anyone that has any values at all.

Now this is ironic. 60 years ago, 1949, Is it those those wonderful values of segregation, and civil rights abuses that you are refering to?

Why are you so threatened by the notion of "man made" global warming that you would use a once in a lifetime chance to travel in time to try to prove it is a myth?

If I only had that much time and I could not interact I think I would go about a week in the future and check out the lottery numbers. At least I could return and do something good with the money. :thumbsup:

For many, yes. That's why I thought it was ironic.

So sorry, I thought I was clear that I was not being critical. I'll refrain from posting in your thread.

For what it's worth I was with you all the way. You observed some harmless humor and made a light-hearted comment. :beerchug:

Although we all know Global Warming is caused by man...

Last edited:
For many, yes. That's why I thought it was ironic.

So sorry, I thought I was clear that I was not being critical. I'll refrain from posting in your thread.

It's OK to post here, please do so, but please dont incite, or put others ideas on the defensive.

I love freedom of speech, but I dont yell fire, unless there is one.

Your a smart guy, use your best judgement to make people's button pushing a decision, not a habit.

Just my opinion, you can flame, it's OK

How about if we just interact and try to have some fun:thumbsup:

Area 51 at the time of the crash

JFK's assassination from various places

Next year's Superbowl party (so I knew who to bet for)

Greece, Rome, Egypt, Babylon, China, Japan, and England - during their prime

Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, Normandy, and Nagasaki - at the time of the major events

I considered several of these. Not Roswel at at the time of the crash, that is a good one.

It would be really hard for me to pick a 2 hour slot in any of those eras, but all are really interesting. I was thinking maybe about Philadelphia at the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

I would rather have two hours to interview someone from the past.

It would be really hard for me to pick a 2 hour slot...

Very difficult for me too.

I suppose I will wait for the upgrade that gives me a total of 2 hours or the option of a lot of shorter viewings that total the said 2 hours... :laugh:

Maybe see what actually happened to the Roanoke colony? View moments of the Lewis & Clark expedition? Pompei's volcanic eruption?

Atlantis as Plato described? (didn't Disney's "investigation" suggest it's remains are part of Cuba?)

See Galileo, Copernicus, Michelangelo, Plato, Beethoven, Bach... possibly the Spartans "300" against Xerxes forces.

I've too large a list and this is just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I'd use a 2 hour time machine to recover the 2 hours I wasted watching TERMINATOR SALVATION. yeah!

60 years ago? No thanks. Not the way I would have been treated being a Chicano back then. Good times for non-colored American folk though. ???

I guess, since I've had time to think about it, I'd go back 15 years and re-watch the first movie me & the now mrs watched...what dreams may come ( with Robin Williams) I can always visit the .Org to see all the cool public stuff that I was interested in seeing.:thumbsup:

Id want to go about 30 years into the future, so i could stock up on some sports almanacs with records of wins and losses, and also bring myself back some stock trends.

Screw history, id wanna get rich.

As for global warming, i wouldnt waste that trip either. it's known its a myth, the MWP shows us that. Dont think there were too many factories polluting the air back in medeivel times, yet it was warmer then than it is now. :cheerleader:

Back