A text came in at 4AM.... It reads... "I have something to tell you dad"

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I didn't read the text till now. The notification sound from the incoming text did not wake me up. So I didn't return the text,I called instead.

My little girl (26 yr old) is getting married. :thumbsup: The guy proposed last night. She told me he asked and of course I responded in true "Rubb-Style" I said..."I hope you told him no!" I told her I was just joking,we laughed. My daughter is her own person,knows what she wants,makes her own decisions and would have married him regardless. I'm extremely happy for them. They live the same lifestyle,want the same things,have the same awesome outlook and goals. They understand the the path they have chosen. They are both Canadian Military. They could be posted to any where in the world,but now as a married couple,they will be sent together. They both are attached to a unit that neither talks about...I don't know exactly what their roles are in the Armed Forces,nobody in the family does. I have a pretty good idea,but its not something I need to know about. They have each other now...for life. I am 100% confident that it will be...for life. She is smarter than me. :thumbsup: Her whole life...she rarely makes mistakes. The Org is my Facebook...thought I would share.
I am happy and proud.
Rubb.

Man I got 3/4 of the way though it thinking.......Rubb giving marriage/relationship advice!! Then I got to the part where she is smarter than you. Thank Goodness. :-)

Soon in will be grandpa Rubb. And you'll turn into a big ole marshmallow and come here getting all sappy and baby picing. Probably put a sidecar on the Busa to give it rides.

Congrats man. A new chapter for you all.

Last edited:
Better than some calls that come in at 0400...normally those involve hospitals or morgues unfortunately...

At one point in my career, they meant going to work ("bug outs" were common in those days)

Nice going old man. Another milestone for you there. Best to your little one who's not so little.
Dropped my oldest off at college a few days ago. Check box another the score sheet of life.

Man I got 3/4 of the way though it thinking.......Rubb giving marriage/relationship advice!! Then I got to the part where she is smarter than you. Thank Goodness. :-)

Soon in will be grandpa Rubb. And you'll turn into a big ole marshmallow and come here getting all sappy and baby picing. Probably put a sidecar on the Busa to give it rides.

Congrats man. A new chapter for you all.
Turbo Busa Sidecar...sweet. granpa Rubb...IDK.... :laugh:
Rubb.
Nice one Rubb, it makes us all happy to know you are happy!
Being a Dad of two lovely girls I know how you feel . . . ecstatic!
Very cool.
Kiwi.:thumbsup:
I'm real proud Greg.:thumbsup:
Nice going old man. Another milestone for you there. Best to your little one who's not so little.
Dropped my oldest off at college a few days ago. Check box another the score sheet of life.
All the best to your oldest in college Tim. :thumbsup:

Thanks all you guys...means the world to me. :bowdown:
Rubb.

Back