"A TALE OF TWO GLOVES"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Gentlefolk, I present to you a tale of two gloves...

6 years and about 50,000 bike miles ago I purchased my old Olympia Carbon/Kevlar gloves and back then?...they were the shid...real window busters....however...time, miles, rainstorms and general weathering has taken it's toll on them over the years..basically?...I've worn them so long they've started rotting off my hands as just weeks ago I noticed the first tiny "rips" appearing in the stress areas of the poor old cracked and dry rotting leather exterior and...since I just invested in a new set of Cortech HRX Jacket and Pants?...new gloves made it to my short list.

I shopped newenough.com for all diferent brands and models but since my old Oly's did serve me well for many years?...and since I am "just a street rider"?...I decided not to switch to any "higher" dollar fancy pants name brands and low and behold?...newenough had just what I was looking for and....ON SALE!!...annnnd...it became immediately evident to me that Olympia hasn't been sitting on their hands the past six years when it comes to gloves...as these gloves are far more well thought out and designed than my old oly's were....check it out...

GLOVES.jpg

The Breakdown:

"THE DOWNS":

1. There is but one downside in the comparo of these two gloves and...I'm not even certain it's a bad thing but...the knuckle guard on the new oly's seems to be made of some sort of shiney black high impact molded plastic vs the carbon/kevlar weave of my old olys.

The "UPS":

1. Unlike my old olys?...The New Oly's molded high impact plastic knuckle guard is designed to "Hinge With Your Hand" as you open and close your grip...far more comfortable.

2. Unlike my old olys "Black Nylon Thread/Stitching" ?...The New Oly's incorporate "Kevlar Thread" stitching...and far more of it via double seam stitching all over and triple seam stitching in many areas...very impressive by comparison.

3. Both utilize a supple glove leather shell but...Unlike my old olys?...The New Oly's have far more coverage of very thick, doubled up cowhide is all the typically suspected abrasion areas.

4. Unlike my old olys?...The New Oly's "DO HAVE" huge protective panels in the gaunlet area.

5. Unlike my old olys?...The New Oly's have this cool rubber/nylon mesh air vent just behing the top of the wrist.

6. Both have "Dual Velcro Fastening" at both the wrist and the gaunlet but..Unlike my old olys?...The New Oly's have this very convieniently located pull tab for ease of closure.

and finally?...price...my old olys were msrp'ed at $119 and I purchased them on sale at a local accessory shop for $99...my new oly's from newenough?....$59 + shipping.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

nice work Jinks... I just picked up a pair of JR gloves from newenough for $20
cool.gif
They have some hella deals on closeouts
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back