a story if i may  (kinda long )

whzyrd

Registered
Hello all im kinda new to this board been troling it for a bit havent done to much posting but i would like to tell you a story.In 1999 i was hired by american Suzuki as a technical Service Manager it was my dream job it also took me 5 years to get. That was the year i got to ride one of the first hayabusas it was love at first sight and ride i was in total awe of this new monster so i was bound and determined to own one but as fate would have it it would be 5 long years before i would own one you see when i went to work for Suzuki i had just finished 6 months of chemotherapy for cancer in my chest and neck. I thought it was all over the doctors told me i had beaten the cancer and i would be fine so i was happier than words can ever describe but that wasent the end some of the side effects from the chemo caused reall bad vertigo and nasty dizzy spells which ment i couldnt drive so i was forced to resign from Suzuki i also had to file for bankruptcy the medical bills were just to much. So i moved from my house in Ca to Az to live with my brother in law god bless him. Fast forward 5 years the dizzy spells and the vertigo have all been gone for about 2 years now i am a chief instructor for motorcycle mechanics institute i get to teach Suzukis factory authorized training so i am in a way still connected to my lost dream of working for Suzuki my health is great and this comming sat i will finally get my hands and a bike i have been longing for for 5 years. I am driving from phoenix Az to southern Ca to pick up a brand new 03 silver and grey HAYABUSA sometimes we question the man upstairs but im convinced that good things come to those who wait.
just a lil back ground on me i have been riding for 34 years next month i was at one time a road racing fool in my early 20s i have drag raced all kinds of bikes my favorite was a 170 hp v max that i built but it never felt like that hayabusa did
i still ride in the dirt i own a 94 RMX 250 and a 96 DR 650 so you can see i am thru and thru a suzuki man. My goals for my new bike are to run in the mid 9s somewhere and to go over 200 mph at el mirage or bonneville. Once the 200mph pass is achieved the i want to really focus on drag racing
thank you very much for taking the time to read this
and if i can be of any help feel free to ask
thanks Rich

great intro!glad you toughed out your hard times.more power to ya.go get your cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI Rich.. I agree, good intro, and welcome to the board... glad to hear your life has come around and together and things are looking up for you...

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Busa!!! Sounds like you might be sort of Suzuki-skilled and could answer some questions about our bike maybe? Like why the speedo is so off??
smile.gif
Have fun and ride safe, Bro!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, bro. On the bright side, at least now you have your dreams...both of 'em.
wink.gif

Welcome to the board, sounds like you have a lot of experience! That's awesome that you work at MMI, I'm moving to Phoenix myself in a month and have a buddy that went to MMI...says he loved it. I might check it out myself...
smile.gif

Glad to here you have recovered and are back on your way to living your dreams! Welcome to the board and can't wait to hear the stories. Oh yeah, we need pics of your dream!

Glad to have you on the board. Cant wait to hear some good advice and storys. You will notice we are pic happy, so post some pics of your beast.
biggrin.gif

Wow Rich...that's quite a story...thanks for sharing it...shows me that for all that I might find difficult and bad in my own life can surely be easier than what others face every day...

We're all glad to have you here...and I'm so glad you've been on the mend and can now enjoy things you've only dreamed about for years now...can't wait to hear that you've got your Busa!

Good choice in color and year, BTW!
biggrin.gif

Keep us posted and post some pics!

Back