A Special Thank You

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
I haven't had a chance to thank everyone that assisted me during and after my accident at the Fall Bash this year. While I never lost consiousness, I pretty much had my head down and my eyes closed most of the time so I do not know who all was there. It has really been an eye openining experience now that I have had a few weeks to think about things. I feel fortunate to have the friends and aquaintances that I have made as a result of being a member of this community. I know that several members went out of their way to help me and again I want to say, Thank You! Time for some more Percocet. Have a great weekend everyone! I have a new phone number that I want to share with those that want it. I have lost my job as a result of the accident and had to buy my own phone. 864.797.3992

Glad your healing up. Hope you feel better. A couple days in sunny Fla may make you feel better? Come on down.

Question, did you post this number before or after the Percs because I just tried to give you a call and it says that's an inactive hospital number?

I am sorry you lost your job John, thats sucks. Glad you are on the mend.

John,

I am glad to hear things are on the mend, at least physically. I also experienced the great power of the org at The Gap, great people when there is a member in need.

If you don't mind (I understand if you don't, it's none of my business) can you elaborate on the job thing? Seems crazy to let someone go because they had a medical emergency? Maybe you needed a new job anyway......

Willie

John,

I am glad to hear things are on the mend, at least physically. I also experienced the great power of the org at The Gap, great people when there is a member in need.

If you don't mind (I understand if you don't, it's none of my business) can you elaborate on the job thing? Seems crazy to let someone go because they had a medical emergency? Maybe you needed a new job anyway......

Willie
my number is 864.787.3992' I was close...I'm not sure about the job thing, the only thing the would say was that it wasn't working out....I still haven't even received a termination letter. Talking to an atty on Tuesday.

man glad to hear you are on the mend but I would see if you could be considered on FMLA with the employer. They can't actually fire you if you are on it and I believe its a federal program that all employers must honor. If its time to move on then hopefully they can give you some level of severance to help cover expense. Didn't you move down for the job?

man glad to hear you are on the mend but I would see if you could be considered on FMLA with the employer. They can't actually fire you if you are on it and I believe its a federal program that all employers must honor. If its time to move on then hopefully they can give you some level of severance to help cover expense. Didn't you move down for the job?
Yes, I did move here anticipating on being here for at least the next 3 years.

If he hasn't worked for the company for at least a year he wont be eligible yet. And your company may not be required to provide FMLA if they dont have at least 50 employees at that location. But I would at least check into whether or not they offer it.

I do FMLA for a living and may be able to help you understand if you have any questions

Dang John I hate that about the job but I'm glad your doing better than the last time I saw you on the road. Hang in there, things will get better.

glad to hear you are on the mend! hope the job situation works out :beerchug:

Glad to hear you are healing up! Seems coincidental it's not "working out" while you are out injured!!

Back