A Solution for Senior Health Care

gurrera

Registered
A solution for Senior Health Care

So you're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home available for you, what do you do?

Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot four Congressmen.

Of course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating, air conditioning and all the health care you need! Need new teeth?

No problem. Need glasses? That’s great. Need a new hip, knees, kidney, lungs or heart? They’re all covered. And, as an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you as often as they do now.

And who will be paying for all of this? It’s the same government that just told you that they cannot afford for you to go into a home.

Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income taxes anymore.

Is this a great country or what? :laugh:

Have you ever spent any time in prison Gurrera...as either an inmate or a visitor? Admittedly I have only visited for a few days, but It's not a place I would return to if I wasn't VERY well paid!

The shooting 4 congressman I'd go for though, as long as I was guaranteed not be put away for it.

For every 4 congressman they shot, the US would probably save enough money to let 20 Americans retire with free healthcare.. Just sayin...

i don't want all that much, i just want the same retirement and health insurance that our congress men and women earn for serving 5 years in office.

Nursing homes have a waiting list for seniors. They all want a piece of the 170.00 bucks a day that Medicare is paying. It's disgusting to see the type of care that they offer.

i don't want all that much, i just want the same retirement and health insurance that our congress men and women earn for serving 5 years in office.
+1 on this. Like I saw in one other thread a while back. They should have to get a job after they get out of the term they are in. That way they would know what it's like in the real world. JMO

I agree, the Nursing Home Care our Government Offers is a NATIONAL DISGRACE. Especially when you consider the BILLIONS we give to Foreign Governments with NO STRINGS attached. And for those who think our Foreign aid is just a drop in the overall bucked, well, Billions are given in OTHER area NOT considered Foreign Aid. Try the UN's multi divisions we give to that is NOT included in our Yearly Dues.

Nuff Said ! It makes me really sick to watch what we do to our Elderly who have No One to Care for Them ! They should have the BEST LIFE we can offer to OUR OWN FIRST ! A Country is defined as to how they Care for Their Own who need HELP ! And, we as a Nation don't do a very good job :down:

No nursing home for this guy.. if I make it that far.. just strap my feeble self to my bike and send me on my way.

I agree, the Nursing Home Care our Government Offers is a NATIONAL DISGRACE. Especially when you consider the BILLIONS we give to Foreign Governments with NO STRINGS attached. And for those who think our Foreign aid is just a drop in the overall bucked, well, Billions are given in OTHER area NOT considered Foreign Aid. Try the UN's multi divisions we give to that is NOT included in our Yearly Dues.

Nuff Said ! It makes me really sick to watch what we do to our Elderly who have No One to Care for Them ! They should have the BEST LIFE we can offer to OUR OWN FIRST ! A Country is defined as to how they Care for Their Own who need HELP ! And, we as a Nation don't do a very good job :down:
I am unsure of your political affiliation mate, but from your posts I'll bet you're exactly the kind of chest beating Republican dead set against raising taxes (forgive me if I am wrong there), but wants great medical care for our elderly, perfect roads, better education, and more people in prison. This debate gets funnier for me every decade I have heard it. You can't have one without the other. SOMEONE has to pay for it, and it'll take a damn site more than eliminating foreign aid to do it.

Nursing homes have a waiting list for seniors. They all want a piece of the 170.00 bucks a day that Medicare is paying. It's disgusting to see the type of care that they offer.
$170 a day ain't going to buy very much in the way of medical care hillbilly!

I am unsure of your political affiliation mate, but from your posts I'll bet you're exactly the kind of chest beating Republican dead set against raising taxes (forgive me if I am wrong there), but wants great medical care for our elderly, perfect roads, better education, and more people in prison. This debate gets funnier for me every decade I have heard it. You can't have one without the other. SOMEONE has to pay for it, and it'll take a damn site more than eliminating foreign aid to do it.

Let's see if I understand your comment. The end all is just to increase taxes without cutting spending . Well, just how much do you think raising taxes will amount to. Since you could take ALL the wealth in the top 10% of the nation (who by the way pay the majority of taxes anyway) and it would pay for only 5 DAYS of our Governments spending. And yes, YOU have to start somewhere and places like Iraq can cover ALL our cost over there with their oil revenue. That was, by the way, what was told to us when the War started. And we CAN do better for our Elderly by cutting real Waste and Thief. Starting with the Federal Government First.

I have a question, just how much money that I now make and money that I now receive from YEARS of investments where I got nothing, do you feel I should keep ?

This is the reason my wife is a NAC and provides private home health care for senoirs to keep them in theyre homes.She is in high demand.Too bad all seniors cant afford good care.Work all your life to be **** on.I too want the same cadillac health care and retirement, except I dont mind earning my keep unlike the worthless sponges called congressman and women.I say you do your time, one term, no retirement, no healthcare for life and have to get a job like the rest of us. Dont like it, dont run for elections.

My father worked his whole life. Retired 2 times from 2 different places. He made all the right choices for his time. When it came time for him to be taken care of at the age of 90.............He made TOO much money in retirement to qualify for any Top Notch Nursing home so we had to put him in a Private home and foot the bill. However my wifes Father who was on SSI his entire life got the BEST Healthcare available paid for by the American Taxpayers until he passed away. That was the last lesson my father ever taught me before he passed. "Life is Not Allways Fair"

Robert

Back