a shout out for all LEO,and for the org also

Actually on some things, you are held responsible for your vehicle no matter who is driving. Look at toll booths, if your car runs the toll, the registered owner gets the ticket, the red light cameras are the same way. I dont agree with it, but what can ya do?

This is true but I don't believe it's right. The person driving your car should be the one getting the tickets not the registered owner. If we didn't have these camera ticketing systems and a cop did all the ticketing instead the person driving would always get the ticket not necessarily the registered owner. I know this is not practical or even possible but that's how it should work. So a camera system should have too photo the person driving and match that with the registered owner. If the description doesn't match then no ticket is issued.

I think this guy has the right idea:

Fewer paying speed-camera tickets in Arizona

/Thread jack off

Last edited:
This is true but I don't believe it's right. The person driving your car should be the one getting the tickets not the registered owner. If we didn't have these camera ticketing systems and a cop did all the ticketing instead the person driving would always get the ticket not necessarily the registered owner. I know this is not practical or even possible but that's how it should work. So a camera system should have too photo the person driving and match that with the registered owner. If the description doesn't match then no ticket is issued.

I think this guy has the right idea:

Fewer paying speed-camera tickets in Arizona

/Thread jack off

Someone correct me if im wrong, but doesnt the Audobahn have camera? I believe they are good enough cameras that if there is a violation, they photo not only the vehicle, but the driver as well. Just goes to show it can be done, but our government is just doing it for the money, not safety as they like to say.

I got a parking ticket a while ago from a car that I sold 7 years ago! It was an obvious clerk error, but the registered owner is usually the at fault party.

Is it really that hard to use the ash tray available in most cars? Just saying!! :poke:

a waste of time/resources, but might be his job.....and she did litter and could have blown up a car that was leaking gas:laugh:

She should have just dropped it in her empty beer bottle.:beerchug:

My truck dont even have an ashtray.....I dont smoke so it dont bother me.....but what do others do? I guess you search out new cars with ash trays?

I find it baffling that they're wasting this much time and resources. Clearly they should have just showed up at the house, drug you and mouse out front and beat you about the head and shoulders with a hose and been done with it...

Seriously though, last letter I got cost me $100, but it did provide me with a link to a cool video of my transgression.

i got a similiar letter years ago saying i threw trash from my car. I never ever do that. but they labeled me a 'litter bug' and stated if it happened again I would get a fine but of course it never happend again because i never throw trash from my car. But yes it does seem like some group, other than the police, could take care of these issues reported by citizens

Alrighty. Probably the mayors wife doing the reporting or something like that. The letter was out there. Citizen complaints have to be handled. If you made a complaint and found out nothing had been done you would be fuming.

A lot of traffic laws state owner / operator. Don't know your laws so there's no need to go there.

Also Gasoline vapors ignite/ explode very easily, but I think that was being stated as a joke.

It's a letter, it would have been read and disposed of.....

Last edited:
I find this thread amusing the fact that anyone thinks it's amusing to litter especially cigarettes and then to make fun of the fact of a letter or persons trying to get you to stop these actions.

I'm willing to bet most of you throwing cigarettes out the window have done it in areas with tree's and grass as well.

Weird how so many here enjoy seeing Pashnit's picture threads of beautiful country roads now imagine those roads destroyed by a fire or even with just trash along side the road. Thank goodness for those volunteers and inmate crews paying back society to clean up after you.

Even better though how awesome would it be if your riding down the road with your visor up and that cigarette lands in your helmet.

Oh and I'm no tree hugger if thats what your thinking :moon: I just hate it when people litter :rant:

I got into this argument with my mom and she was seriously upset with what I had to say. Well for one, she is a heavy smoker and has been for 30+ years now.

I am going into LE and I told her that if I see someone throw trash out of their car, especially a cigarette, I'll pull them over and give them two options:

1. get out of their car and go pick it up, or

2. get cited for littering.

I personally HATE when I'm out riding and the person in front of me tosses his cigarette and I watch it bounce once, twice, and then fly up into the air as I catch up to it.

And sigsauer...well said brother:clap:

Last edited:
I think some smokers do it without even thinking because its become such a habit. Ive had people stopped and while im talking to them theyve thrown a cigarette butt out of their car! And yes, they get the option, pick it up or get cited for it.

Alrighty. Probably the mayors wife doing the reporting or something like that. The letter was out there. Citizen complaints have to be handled. If you made a complaint and found out nothing had been done you would be fuming.

A lot of traffic laws state owner / operator. Don't know your laws so there's no need to go there.

Also Gasoline vapors ignite/ explode very easily, but I think that was being stated as a joke.

It's a letter, it would have been read and disposed of.....

Thank you Sir,the voice of reason. :poke:

:laugh: RSD.

Back