a short story on bad karma

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
Someone who i sold a bike too on ebay 3 years ago and I have stayed in touch like acquaintances .He calls me once or twice a month to talk bikes and such. last week he called me with a bike question on a 900rr which i used to be really into til i bought the busa .He was telling me how a guy had a complete set of perfect plastics he had come across that he bought for $350 . He didn't say so but I'm sure they were from a stolen bike .this was last Wednesday night he was putting them on his bike .He called me back on Thursday i didn't answer but he left a message that he just wrecked the bike .He didn't get hurt but the bike is a total loss .First thought that came into my mind was I'm glad you didn't get hurt but what goes around comes around .A different guy who I don't know bought the motor from that same guy who sold him the plastics I wonder what will become of him
that's it I thought it was interesting wanted to share the story with you guys

karma is a bitch !
super.gif

I believe in Karma more than I believe in a lot of other things...

I don't see how that's bad karma on him unless he KNEW they were stolen...

My opinion, that's kinda beyond the reach of Karma, but I do understand what you're talking about.

Cool!

--Wag--

OK, I was never one for Karma until College, then through a series of really interesting or freakish events I am not only a believer but I am fearful of the power of the Human mind. You see that is where it all comes from, it's your mind. You know deep inside you did something wrong and your subconscious has a need for reckoning, a need to do what's right. So, it's up to each of our own consciousnesses and our own moral fortitude to determine Karma's role in our lives.

If you're a true psychopath or truly deluded, then frequently karma will NOT catch up to you. There's no conscious guilt response or remorse. It's the generally good people, the folks with a sense of honor that have to watch out for karma the most. They are the ones that upon doing the bad thing have the biggest mental backlash.

So I am at the point now where if I feel I did something wrong, I will generally set to making it right ASAP. By WRONG I don't mean illegal, there is a big difference many times. Sometimes the WRONG isn't Illegal, and frequently whats Illegal isn't wrong.

Perfect example, I bought some Nerf Firearms for the Office on Saturday, (Time To Rain NERF DEATH upon Co-workers). Well I had my hands full so I tucked the extra darts into the front of one of the boxes. The wife and I head up to check out and as the guy is ringing up the guns I see the Darts in the front of the one already in the sack. Well I didn't see him ring them up and for whatever reason..embarrassment? I didn't say anything. Well I get home and I just don't feel right. I knew they hadn't been rang up and indeed they hadn't been. Turns out the Nerf "Sonic" darts were pretty darn cool, they sound like the whistling bottle rockets from a distance.

ANYWAY, they were on sale at $1.68 so I wanted to head back to the store and buy more so there would be plenty of ammo for everyone. So I did, I bought three more packs of the Sonic Darts and I asked to pay for 5. The lady looked at me funny and I explained why, she thought that I was Just "MAD" paying for something like that when I didn't have too... I figure Bullcrap, I ride motorcycles and need all the good Karma I can, don't need to be picking up unnecessary debts. Besides it was the right thing to do.

Gotta keep an eye on Karma... She will kick you right in the nuts.

I've got a good karma story...

I'm a believer of Karma... or "what goes around comes around" depending on how you know it~ I try to treat everyone with the upmost respect and kindness~ I will go outta my way to help those in need.. even giving the shirt off my back if someone needs it more then I~
One day I'm in one of my tenant office's when one of the ladies asks "You know anyone that would be interested in a 61" projection TV?" I start raising my hand and then hear..."I'm only wanting to get like $300.-$400. for it.." That's about when my arm started dropping as I'm thinking "there's no way the wife is gonna let me spend that on an old projection TV"~ Then she looks at me and says... "If you want it, I'll take a $50. gift certificate for Hooters"~ I'm like "are you serious??" and get on the phone to the wife and she's already headed to Hooter's before I can hang up the phone! When the weekend rolls around we head over to pick up this $50. projection TV~ As we pull up she opens her garage and there sits a very new looking 61" Sony~ That's when my jaw about hit the floor~ You see... all my equipment is Sony! My receiver, dvd, and this TV is even replacing my 36" Sony Wega~ I couldn't believe I just scored a 61" Sony TV for just a platter of chicken wings and a pitcher or two of suds! I still say it was good karma doing me right for doing right by others...
super.gif

The wacky thing about Karma is - sometimes you never know when someone's has finally caught up with them.. I've seen people do stupid things and think "that will catch up to them someday" but I never get to see it. But then there's "Instant Karma" - my favorite kind... No sooner does someone, or me for that matter, do something that's out of balance with the natural vibe of mother nature and wham - right between the eyes!

I thought this would be about that naughty Karma Electra!
biggrin.gif

Ok, for you non-God believing types, Karma or some other man-defined, made-up, "farey tale" space/time continuem coincidental flow can work just as well. Hey! I know - maybe it's "THE SECRET" - you know that big secret that a bunch of rich people found out about: where you can align your being and thoughts to be in sync with the wave patterns in the spiritual universe and make everything happen for you. Yeah. THAT doesn't sound made up at all. At least OPRAH supports it, so it MUST be true. And it's also backed up by all those scientific facts.... oh wait. I guess not
biggrin.gif

Sorry, not breakin on karma... just the belief in it without proof compared to other unproven beliefs ;)

biggrin.gif

WWJD, I am beginning to think you're adding to moral decay here
laugh.gif

I'm just saying...
lurk.gif

(LCB @ Mar. 19 2007,10:57) The wacky thing about Karma is - sometimes you never know when someone's has finally caught up with them.. I've seen people do stupid things and think "that will catch up to them someday" but I never get to see it. But then there's "Instant Karma" - my favorite kind... No sooner does someone, or me for that matter, do something that's out of balance with the natural vibe of mother nature and wham - right between the eyes!
Gotta agree with Rev on this one!

"More like right between the LEGS!"
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I stole the attached quote from the signature line of someone over on another board.  Call it what you want, Karma, WWJD or whatever.  How you live your life is a reflection of your character in how you treat others, your place in the environment or how you regard yourself.

Character is doing what is right when no one is looking. -- J.C. Watts

I read through this thread and thought I would share my story. I don't think my story is as much Karma as it is spiritual. It is 100% true and brings tears to my eyes looking back on it. I hope you enjoy it.

Many of you probably don’t know this but, I recently moved from Indianapolis to the LA area. It has always been my dream to live in SoCal. I have lived in the Northeast, the South, the Southwest, and a short time in England. But, I have lived in Indianapolis since 1974. So it feels like home to me. I have two daughters and a granddaughter that live there. I love them more than words could ever convey.

I was in a position at work where they had been wanting me to relocate to the Northeast in CT or NY due to that being an area where I was spending most of my time. My boss would bring it up on a regular basis and I knew at some point there would be a showdown about it. Well just prior to this showdown, I met the President of a company that we had purchased based on the west coast. Our conversations were of the type that both of us knew that we would do well working together and one thing lead to another and before you knew it, we were in negotiations. I accepted the position and on November 13th, landed at LAX to start the new job. I was leaving behind 2 daughters, one grown with a child 6, and the other only being 5. Keep in mind, I spent a lot of time with my children and grandchild. Part of the deal was that I would fly back and forth a couple of times a month for the first few months. Thanksgiving came and went and Christmas was fast approaching. I had arranged for a neighbor to keep watch out for packages on my front doorstep and hold them for me at her house. Gifts were purchased online for the most part and being shipped directly to my house in Indianapolis. Actually, one of the smaller suburbs that will remain nameless.

With Christmas rapidly approaching and being in a new position, life was pretty hectic. Some things happened at work causing me to reschedule my flight back to Indy and I wasn’t going to arrive until late on Christmas Eve. I didn’t get my kids until Christmas day in the afternoon so that was no big deal. I would spend the morning wrapping any presents that needed it. I had selected the giftwrap option on any purchases that offered it, thank goodness. I would be flying back to LA two days after Christmas so the holiday was going to be rather short. That holiday has always been the most special day of the year to me as I am a Christian. And there is nothing like the look on a Childs face as they see all of the presents. Just makes you feel all warm inside.

My oldest daughter picked me up at the Indianapolis airport at 11:00pm and drove me home. She didn’t stay as she was tired and wanted to get to bed as the morning would be hectic at her house and she had to be at mine by 1:00pm Christmas day. So I went in and saw the voicemail light flashing on the phone. With most people having my cell phone, I always forget to check the home phone number when I am away. First message was from the US Postal service telling me that there were two packages there needing my signature for delivery! Oh crap! There were four more messages from the US Postal service with the last one telling me that they were sure these 10 packages were full of Christmas presents and I should get in as soon as possible to pick them up. My heart sank! I had carried a couple of presents home for each of them but that was it! What was I going to do? The Post Office is closed on Christmas day and here it was approaching midnight! All I wanted was for my children and grandchild to have a happy Christmas and now there would only be a couple of presents? I was at the lowest point I can remember.

That night, sleep was on and off and at 7:00am, I was in the shower getting ready for the biggest day in a child’s life. The depression from the night before was even worse this morning. After I was dressed and getting another cup of coffee, I decided to pray. To pray that my children had a wonderful Christmas even though there wouldn’t be many presents. I prayed that they would be happy despite the lack of gifts to open. All I wanted was for their happiness and I prayed through tear filled eyes that this would happen. But, in my mind, I knew this was futile while in my heart, there was hope.

About 30 minutes after this teary prayer session, my telephone rang. Figuring it was a family member form somewhere calling to wish me Merry Christmas, I composed myself and delivered what I thought was a cheery “Hello and Merry Christmas!†The voice on the other end identified herself as a supervisor at my local Post Office who had stopped to check on the building and noticed that my packages were still there. I asked her “You are who?†She repeated what she said and asked if I would like the packages today! “Of course I would, how long will you be there? I can come right over!†I replied. She said “Oh no, your house is on my way home and to save time, I would rather bring them to you.†She arrived at my door less then 30 minutes later only to find a grown man with tears of joy pouring down his face, looking upon her as if she was an Angel descended upon earth from Heaven above! 10 large boxes full of presents for my children and granddaughter were unloaded, hugs were exchanged and I sat and thanked God for answering my prayer.

My 3 girls had a wonderful Christmas as it was full of joy and laughter as did I. The air was filed with happiness that afternoon.

The Christmas of 2006 will never be forgotten nor will the miracle that occurred on that blessed day.

Sorry for such a long post.

Back