A ride to remember..........

badassbusaboy

Registered
I made an appointment at the dealership for the recall on the rectifier for today at 9.00 am. The dealership is almost 30 miles away. Well it snowed out last night about a half inch but did not stick on the roads where I live. So I started out this morning in 38 degree weather and got halfway there and there was a surprise waiting for me. There was patches of snow and slush for almost Two miles. I kept riding hoping the roads got better. I got into the next town and there was no snow or slush, so I guess it did not snow there last night thank god. So I made it to the dealership and got the recall done. The sun came out on the way home and the roads were just a little damp. I have not rode in those conditions in about twenty years, so it's a ride I will remember for a long time.

x-mas 2009 237.jpg

Yeah, those patches of snow and slush can really get you. Im glad that you made it. I still got to get mine to the dealership???

Yeah...my wife has to remind me when I start ranting about how stupid young men are these days that I regularly used to ride in ice and snow when we were young in England. Nothing like having a woman by your side for 35 years to keep you humble!

Well by the way I'm fifty and as my wife said this morning when I was leaving "can't you go another day when it's warmer?" Some might say still stupid!!

I found out that i also have the igniton recall to get done.. so i think im gonna take the bike in on thur and get them both fixed..

Better wash it. All the chemicals and salt on the road will eat away at your disk brakes.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had a few rides that made me say "wtf am I doing this for?"

A trip to chicago that was entirely in the rain, 12 hours.
Trip back form sturgis, 30 degrees in the morning when we left, 110 degrees by noon, gale force storms the last hour
first long ride on the busa, 3 hours at 35 degrees
and then just this saturday, rode from wichita to lawrence, 2.5 hours of 40 ish degree weather. ahhh, to be young and stupid.

glad you kept it in one piece and arrived home safely. :cheerleader:

Back