A ride in the English country side......

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
So its Sunday morning, no cops or speed camera's,  A46 to Stroud awaits, this is a beautiful road running passed the Badminton Estate (World famours for horse riding).
Twisties, 160 mph straights it has the lot. As I round one bend at 70 mph give it the gun to the Ton plus the road dips into a dark wooded area. Now I have a iridium visor on, so I slow, thank God I did, big old pheasant comes out of the woods. It goes left, then right and steps at the last moment into my path, bang. My brother in law, Ian is up my a## so no brakes applied, so must have hit the bird at about 80mph.
We stopped 1/2 mile up the road, Ian said the bird just exploded, leaving him with blood and feathers all over his leathers and arai. Damage to the Busa is as follows  
wow.gif

DSCN1400.JPG

Can someone help me, how do you post more than I picture ?
bowdown.gif

DSCN1402.JPG

i think the way people post more than 1 picture in a post is by linking to them from a website. if they are stored on your hard drive, you can only do 1 per post.

If i am wrong, then i too am not knowledgable on posting more than 1 pic per post.

all_coholic.gif

Dayum, the damage isnt to bad but that is going to smell
laugh.gif

To post more than one pic I just use photo bucket.

heavybusa, had to wash it down 3 times, and the wife setup an air freshener in the garage  
biggrin.gif

ps Thank Big-T

(shawn @ Sep. 26 2006,08:52) bummer... your bike is sayin' "Tastes like chicken" right now...

Glad you're OK dude...
ices_rofl.gif

Was there enough left to go in the pot? I hear pheasant is good eating...
laugh.gif

If so, I would put that down as one of the more expensive meals I ever ate...
sad.gif

wow.gif
Looks like that used to be a carbon fiber fender? Probably helped in the collision by shattering away instead of just bending. I'll bet it also helped in disintegrating the pheasant. Carbon fiber 1, pheasants 0!
AAAssjani.gif
super.gif

Does your last name end in 'wey'? I have roots in Cornwall and noticed that many names in that area seem to either end in 'wey' or begin with 'tre'. Beautiful area of the World, and the most courteous peoples I have ever encountered.

That's awesome! I would pay to see a tape of that bird execution!
super.gif

--- glad you're ok and the bike has minimal damage, of course...

I'm sure it's one of those things you'll look back on and laugh!

Sorry for the damage on the bike but glad you were not hurt. Can you imagine what the outcome would have been had you hit it with your helmet? Omslaw and I were on the way to busa bash this spring, and hit a large pheasant with the windshild in the truck. Scared the you know what out of both of us!

Were you in possesion of your hunting license when you took that pheasant??

I have a visual of the bird puffing into thousand of pieces and spewing all over you b-law.

The bird was saying..........
eatme.gif

Back