A return to the Hayabusa. Gen 2 Issues I should consider?

Corso1

Registered
All-

It has been a while. Sold my Gen 1 in 2010. (I've regretted it ever since). I tried to switch to a little hot rod cruiser, big mistake...then bought a 2010 ZX-14 to try it out. Fast to be sure, but just not a Suzuki. So...I am looking at picking up a Gen II next week. Any issues or concerns I should be aware of in preparation for my return? The 14, aside from lacking in fit and finish, runs extremely hot. Ended up switching to full exhaust, PC5, flies out, etc. I REALLY do not want to have to do a damn thing to the new Busa. Maybe eventually a pair of slip-ons for a bit of sound, but even that won't be a priority. Never thought I would say this, but I am getting too old to keep screwing with these mods. :moderator: My first Busa was mildly modified and never gave me any issues. I plan to leave the new one stock.
So...any heat issues, clutch problems, maintenance problems with the Gen 2 that a guy should know about? I couldn't think of any group better to ask than you guys. Always dug being part of this forum.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks-

Corso

Slipons are a nice handling improvement on a gen2 also. Stock mufflers are around 17lbs each, as opposed to about 2 or 3 lbs of most any aftermarket mufflers.
You can feel that weight gone when flicking side to side through curves. A full exhaust is nice too, as it gets rid of the catalytic convertor, that thing puts off some heat.
The gen2 really has no issues at all.:beerchug:

sixpack577 said:
Slipons are a nice handling improvement on a gen2 also. Stock mufflers are around 17lbs each, as opposed to about 2 or 3 lbs of most any aftermarket mufflers.
You can feel that weight gone when flicking side to side through curves. A full exhaust is nice too, as it gets rid of the catalytic convertor, that thing puts off some heat.
The gen2 really has no issues at all.:beerchug:

Agreed. Buy it and ride it.

Thank you Gentlemen. That's what I wanted to hear. I was especially concerned about the heat since that was the contributing factor that started the mod process on my 14. The catalytic and the twin tails on that Kaw put off so much heat that I had to stop so that my passengers legs/shoes could cool off. Moving to the full exhaust was supposed to cure it, but did little to solve the issue, plus then I was committed to the PC-5, TRE, Block offs, etc. I ended up having the 14 apart more times in the first 2 months than I ever had my Gen I apart, and I owned that bike for 6 years!
Like I said...some slip-ons perhaps....for now. :D. I have to be good so as not to get in the dog house. This will be the 3rd new bike in as many years!

If you buy new you should be alright. Three recalls. The dealer will know if your bike is involved. Ignition wire routing, clutch bolts, and rectifier. My '08 fell under the rectifier recall and after nearly four years of flawless performance I waited 30 minutes for the replacement.

This bike is a little warmer on the right thigh than the Gen I, but I haven't even thought about it since the first oil change. You'll love the improvements.

Back